2012 has been a year of transition for Sony Mobile. Early in the year, Sony completed the buyout of Ericsson’s stake in the Sony Ericsson joint venture. It has since focused marketing dollars on the Sony brand, including rebranding its phones and embarking on its ‘One Sony’ strategy.
In the process, it has released lots of phones (perhaps too many) and is slowly gaining market share. All of this sets up nicely for 2013. There are some great Sony Xperia handsets on the horizon and hopefully we’ll see some hardware that can compete with Apple/Samsung’s offerings. Before we look forward, let’s reflect on 2012. As we stand on the eve of 2013, we wanted to know what are your favourite Xperia handsets from the last year?
We conducted a similar poll back in early August and the Xperia S came out on top with circa 40% of the vote. This time round we’ve included all of the Japanese handsets to make this a truly global poll. Overall, there are fifteen options to choose from and we’ve grouped similar handsets together. Please vote in the poll below and let us know the reasons in the comments below.
What is your favourite Sony Xperia smartphone from 2012?
- Xperia S / Xperia SL / Xperia NX (31%, 1,304 Votes)
- Xperia V / Xperia AX / Xperia VL / Xperia VC (18%, 776 Votes)
- Xperia P (11%, 461 Votes)
- Xperia T / Xperia TL (8%, 328 Votes)
- Xperia TX / Xperia GX (8%, 325 Votes)
- Xperia U (6%, 250 Votes)
- Xperia acro S / Xperia acro HD (5%, 209 Votes)
- Xperia sola (5%, 192 Votes)
- Xperia ion (4%, 177 Votes)
- Xperia go [Xperia advance] (2%, 92 Votes)
- Xperia SX (1%, 50 Votes)
- Xperia J (1%, 38 Votes)
- Xperia miro (0%, 16 Votes)
- Xperia neo L (0%, 16 Votes)
- Xperia tipo / Xperia tipo dual (0%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,249