There are not that many Xperia Z2 handsets in consumers hands at the moment, especially as the handset has only hit Taiwan so far. Well a new firmware build with version number 17.1.A.2.55 is currently rolling to Xperia Z2 handsets running the “Commercial & Journalists” customisation number. We would expect it to hit Taiwanese handsets in due course. The update is primarily a bug-fixing update, although the NFC logo no longer appears in the status bar. This could be a day one update for the Xperia Z2 when the handset finally starts its limited roll out globally later this month.
Update: The FTF firmware file can be downloaded from here.
Update 2: Sony has confirmed the update is rolling and has also included the changelog below:
– Improved camera performance & function with faster start time and better auto focus
– Enhanced in-call audio with fine tuned noise cancellation
– Improved FM radio function
– Graphics improvements with smoother scrolling and image movement
– Improved stability with the latest bug fixes and enhancements
Thanks M.Allen and Rimas!