Cant get to make confrence and looses signal after every call

Discussion in 'Xperia ray' started by Anuj Kant, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Anuj Kant

Anuj Kant New Member

Hi,

I just bought a Xperia ray around a week ago. I must say I am pretty impressed with the built and quality but I am facing some issues. The phone shipped with Android version 2.3.3 and I later upgraded it to 2.3.4. But even before upgrading I am facing this issue that it looses signal for 5-10 seconds after every call which is visible when you look at the signal bar. Also, after 2-3 days of software upgrade, I started facing another issue, I cant make conference calls, neither can I switch between two calls. It just hangs there, giving the message "Unable to switch calls" and resumes only when the call is disconnected from the other end. It was never the case with my previous phone, Blackberry Torch.

Can anyone please help, I am not willing to give my phone to Customer care guys. :(

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Seems strange that you're dropping calls that often - doesn't seem right to me. Our Xperira ray test unit didn't have any of the same issues.

3. Rakesh Jha

Rakesh Jha New Member

Same above issue I am also facing....... Need the HELP.....

4. Anuj Kant

Anuj Kant New Member

Hi Rakesh,
    My issue has been resolved. Here's what you can try, go to 'Setting'->'Wireless and Networks'->'Mobile Networks' and change your 'Network Mode' to "GSM only," if your 3G is not enabled. Also, select "Manual" for your network operators Search Mode and select your operator manually.

Hopefully that will resolve your issue. Update me if that helps.

5. Rakesh Jha

Rakesh Jha New Member

Thank You So Much..........I was feeling to send it for servicing....But You Suggestion really work for me ..Thanks a Lot.......