Facebook pictures as contact pictures?

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by LiamRBaker, Dec 10, 2011.

1. LiamRBaker

LiamRBaker New Member

Is there any way to link my contacts with their facebook profile pictuers? on previous android phones I have had I just pressed a link button but this feature is not available on my new arc s.

I can sync my contacts with facebook inside xperia but this just adds things like birthday and relationship status from facebook.

Any ideas?

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

It should do this through Facebook inside Xperia? Are you pulling through any pics next to the contacts at all?

3. Marc

Marc Member

same thing for me , before the final update i was syncing my contacts fine with fb and stuff , now it just birthdays and facebook, but there is no contact pic to make it the contacts primary photo on your phone.

4. Rob Caldecott

Rob Caldecott New Member

I had a hell of a job getting the FB pics to work but I got there in the end using the official FB app (NOT FB inside Xperia).
    1. Install the official FB app. If you already have it then delete the data using Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Facebook ->Clear data.
    2. Start the FB app and login. Select the option to Sync All Contacts.
    3. Open the Contacts app and select Filter -> Facebook -> All Contacts. You FB contacts will appear in the contacts list complete with FB picture.
    4. Use the Join option (tap and hold a contact) to link your existing contacts to the correct FB user.
    5. When done you can use Filter -> Facebook to turn off the FB contacts you don't want to see.
    Works a treat for me. I still use FB inside Xperia but only for the calendar integration.

Dr.NIC likes this.
  5. Aneeque Kazi

Aneeque Kazi New Member

Thnx Rob it worked for me.

6. Dr.NIC

Dr.NIC New Member

Super!!! Thanks Rob. Now I can show my brother that the contacts in my xperia also is as rich as his sgs!

7. Marc

Marc Member

will do this but i have lots of friends , might take a while lol

8. SSyar

SSyar New Member

well i have a similar issue..!! but half of my fb contacts have picture in my phonebook
    i have noticed one thing.. the contact which show as FiX or synced with it, have contact pictures..!

9. noom_bluesman

noom_bluesman New Member

You can sync all contact from normal facebook app and you will get contact picture from facebook but you have to edit you contact to change picture. You also sync album, calendar, friend's music and music on facebook inside xperia but please just uncheck contact sync.

10. aroel

aroel New Member