How to improve the battery?

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by Bobbin, May 21, 2012.

1. Bobbin

Bobbin New Member

Hello y'all
    I just got the Xperia S and is very pleased with it.
    However, the battery finishes in less than one day.
    Is this a norm for everyone else out there?
    Any advise on how to improve it would be great.

At the moment, I'm using a third party task manager to kill background apps to help lowering the battery consumption. But I noticed the apps activate themselves again anyway.
    Also - my screen brightness is on very low.
  2. SeVeMaS

SeVeMaS Member

Task managers are the worst thing you can do, because it kills tasks that the system try to open and the task killer try to close. Android as a nice task management (you will find about that at any android forum). To improve battery you can start to avoid free software with "ads" like angry birds. Other way is to stop automatic sync updates if you use it only for emails and FB, add instead a "sync all" widget button to push each time you turn your screen on and check for updates.
  3. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

There are plenty of guides floating around in the web. Try Googling for it. :D
  4. ashwin

ashwin New Member

Turn Off data and Wifi.. use when ever needed ! :) also reduce the back lighting .. this drain the battery to the max !
  5. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Hahaha, In one line, "Get a Nokia dump phone". It can last 1 week or even more!! ;)
  6. HugoT

HugoT New Member

I for one use with voice, SMS, for the work it takes 24 hours it is much better than my Bold9900 or GalaxyNexus, and better than the samsung SII of my friends! :cool:

Xperia S Black - Samsung Tab 7"ICS - Nikon V1 - Acer TM5760