how to stop my gallery shows pictures of my facebook, blogs, etc.

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by alvaro, Jan 13, 2012.

1. alvaro

alvaro New Member

Hi my phone is a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S and my picture and video gallery shows pictures og my blogs, facebook profiles, videos, etc and i want to know how to spot that and shows ony the pictures i took from my phone!!!!

2. Ian Smith

Ian Smith New Member

Your Xperia Arc has many sync options. You can enable or disable these anytime.

Go into 'settings' then 'Accounts & sync'. In this area you should see facebook as an option. Once you select this you can deselect the 'Sync Albums in Gallery'. This will fix this issue.

Note: It is worth looking at what other things are syncing while in this area (e.g. I have Facebok, 2 email accounts and watsapp all syncing in this area)

3. alvaro

alvaro New Member

thanks for the info.

4. Charl

Charl Member

Actually, you might need to disable Facebook-Integration in Settings --> Sony Ericsson --> Facebook for Xperia --> Facebook integration
    Only this removed facebook from my gallery.

5. Dreamnine

Dreamnine New Member

I have a gallery issue and I may as well add to this thread.

I got the phone last Thursday; on Saturday I took around 40 photographs, and they were all in the gallery and viewable until Monday when they mysteriously all disappeared..I couldn't find them anywhere on the phone and I thought that somehow I'd mistakenly deleted them when I was clearing out the browser and Google Play caches..

Then today (Wednesday) they've all turned up again?

I'm not sure whether they are automatically backed up to Google and this is why they have re-appeared, or that I did, in fact, delete them int he first place.

6. Charl

Charl Member

Perhaps someone else did, just saying

7. sinkster

sinkster New Member

Use a file explorer and add a file called .nomedia to any folder you don't want showing in the gallery. Though, it does mean 'no media' so any file(picture,music,video,etc. will not be detected by apps.

8. Charl

Charl Member

Thanks sinkster :)