ICS now roling out

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by subben2003, Jun 21, 2012.

1. subben2003

subben2003 New Member

2. electrash

electrash New Member

my SI number had recive ICS, but cannot update over update center...i cannot update trough my pc (windows xp) so i must go to friend and update over his laptop.

3. magicshirts

magicshirts New Member

Just successfully upgraded my Xperia S to ICS using Flashtool and the Generic Swiss firmware. Much prefer to do it that way and untick the "WipeData" box, rather than upgrade through PC Companion and lose everything like I have before. One thing I have noticed is that the Screen Capture option (which appears when you hold the Power Button down) seems to have disappeared.

4. electrash

electrash New Member

you can make screenshot by holding power button and volume button (down or up) not quitly sure.

With unticked WipeData perfomance of phone is heavily decrased, many stuff didnt flashed in right way and GB still stays in some part of system.
    So WipeData is recomendet for best perfomance.

5. magicshirts

magicshirts New Member

Thanks for that. I have since found out that the screenshot works by holding down the power button and volume down at the same time as you said. I have also followed your advice and re-flashed after ticking the box for wipe data.

6. Johannes

Johannes New Member

Just to understand... I have my SI number in the list (confirmed upgrade on june the 20th) and a no brand cell... why I don't get the upgrade yet?

7. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Yep, many are saying the same (including me). Seems like they forgot to push the update to the server :D

8. Johannes

Johannes New Member

Not that I'm eager to upgrade the FW... in the end, except for some really useful improvements for the the day-to-day softwares there is not that much new... at least from a conceptual point of view... I just don't want to be left behind by the tech train :D

9. adityasutrisna

adityasutrisna New Member

i have the same problem. that what you do? have u upgraded your XS to ICS?

10. Johannes

Johannes New Member

:mad: Arghhhhhhh!!! I got the notification for the upgrade, but PC companion doesn't succeed in downloading it!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

11. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

I have flashed the CH firmware using flashtool. Could wait more :D.

12. Johannes

Johannes New Member

Got it!! :D After almost 250 attempts to connect to the servers, it went through!! Now I have to learn it...

13. @@@@

@@@@ New Member

After updating to ICS my wifi is having problem can someone help me?

14. Kazuki

Kazuki New Member

i still haven't gotten my ics update yet. if i download the default ics firmware provide here, will i lose my chinese and japanese keyboard?

15. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Many people report this. Could be a bug, please wait for Sony to release an update to fix this issue.

16. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Nope. ICS has these two keyboards in it.

17. Kazuki

Kazuki New Member

ok never mind, i couldn't wait anymore flashed already. can't say i'm 100% satisfied with it, seems a step forward here n a step backward there. i do like some of the new settings management, mean while the camera shortcut at the unlock screen is absolutely retarded. at least make it an option to have it shortcut to something else. mean while things generally do run smoother n battery life seems longer than it was on gb for me, games suck now. they stutter like theres no tomorrow even if i kill all killable apps. also the xperia smarttages is now missing the gps on option, or is it just mine? ps: how do we have 1gb ram and we end up having 100mb left? this reminds me of that vista nightmare

18. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Given this is the first ICS firmware, I foresee couple of updates are on the queue to fix and iron out some of the current issues. Patience is the key :D.

19. Kazuki

Kazuki New Member

also even though every one loves the new album app, i hate it. it took away 1 very useful function i use daily for work. I categorize my album into folders depending on the project i am working on. now i cannot find out how to sort them by project name anymore. now it seems my album is only categorized by date. i am sorry if i missed an option some where, but if someone can give me some tips i'm all ears.

20. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

I'm in your same situation! I hope Sony quickly add an option to sort it in folder wise.