Jelly Bean Update UK

Discussion in 'Xperia P' started by Adam Coomber, May 28, 2013.

1. Adam Coomber

Adam Coomber New Member

Hi,

I wonder has anyone in the UK got Jelly Bean on there Xperia P? I brought my Xperia P form Amazon (SIM free and unbranded) and I do not yet have the update. I have emailed Sony and they have given the same old punch line 'its relaeased in stages and we cant advise when you will get it'? I tried asking if it was netowrk dependet as I use a talk mobile SIM only deal for my network. Again they could not answer. The update process is really bad but I just wanted to know if anyone else has the update or is it just me thats waiting in the whole world?

Thanks

Adam

2. papakp

papakp Member

Hello.
    I think you have two options:
    1. You have just to be patience until upgrade your phone using pc companion
    2. You have to download the JB.ftf file, flashtool it and then you are done
    (just search it with Google for more instructions)

3. Adam Coomber

Adam Coomber New Member

Thank you for the reply, do you have the update from Sony already?

4. papakp

papakp Member

hello, I have downloaded the JB.ftf file, have flashtooled it and that`s it

5. Adam Coomber

Adam Coomber New Member

Cool where did you get the update from as its only 4.0.4 on the Xperia blog site not the latest. My last phone took so long waiting for ice cream sandwich I brought a new one :)

6. papakp

papakp Member

Hello again, papakp here.
    Look what you are going to do: first, you have to download this file: " Sony Xperia P LT22i_ 6.1.1.B.1.54_Sony.ftf " ( search it with google )
    second, you have to flashtool the .ftf file ( use google again for more instructions )
    Then when you will turn on your phone, a message will appear that you have a new update for your phone: Jelly Bean 6.2.A.0.400
    At least these steps I have followed here in Greece and my Xperia P runs Jelly Bean 6.2.A.0.400 from Sony

7. papakp

papakp Member

Hello.
    New update for xperia p (6.2.A.1.100) via pc companion.
    I think it's a known fact

8. Adam Coomber

Adam Coomber New Member

Yep and guess what not for lonly me in the UK. So I just emailed Sony as it says on there site Xperia P has Jelly Bean and I do not. Willwait and see what they reply with but I wont hold my breath. I have had updates in the past.

9. Adam Coomber

Adam Coomber New Member

Finally the update is out for uk Vodafone and much improved features and speed