Leaked photo image from the Sola

Discussion in 'Xperia sola' started by Zephyron, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Zephyron

Zephyron New Member

Taken in 3MP Mode

It's nowhere being the best out there for sure, but it gets the job done

Image was taken in a relatively dark room, under 'Normal' settings without a preset

Flash fired off automatically

[​IMG]

EXIF Data included as part of the picture

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Interesting. Where did the image come from Zephyron?

3. Zephyron

Zephyron New Member

From the Sola itself when I had a very short amount of time to test it out, and BTed the captured images onto the arc S above

There is more, but not so ideal in terms of results since the lighting in the room was less than optimal and the results rather noisy

I could pm you those if you are interested

4. Xperia Blog

Thanks Zephyron, but given the lighting conditions I'm not sure we could use these as a post.

What were your thoughts on the sola? We haven't got hands on yet.

5. Zephyron

Zephyron New Member

I can't compare it to the P and the U, since the company hasn't gotten field test issue versions for us yet, but the Sola feels comfy in the hand, has a finishing on its back (not that the one I played with has the word 'Prototype' on it's back) that feels somewhat similar to the black Xperia Ray, if memory serves right

For my hands, the size of the phone is neither too big nor too small, and given it's good feeling build quality, it also feels like it's got a good weight behind it as well, not light to the point of being non-existent, and being nowhere as heavy as my Moto RAZR for one

The screen looks good, decent DPI behind it, but the Prototype unit didn't have the floating touch feature enabled, so I can't comment on that

Anyways, here's some more images, one by the Sola and the other 2 by the arc S

I believe that under the proper lighting conditions, the Sola's 5MP unit will perform better than that of the PLAY and the 2011 Xperia 5MP camera units, most likely because of the Image Processing Algorithm on board the Novathors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Xperia Blog likes this.
  6. Xperia Blog

The red version is looking good - thanks for sharing! :cool:

7. allentwright

allentwright New Member

I can't compare it to the P and the U, since the company hasn't gotten field test issue versions for us yet, but the Sola feels comfy in the hand, has a finishing on its back (not that the one I played with has the word 'Prototype' on it's back) that feels somewhat similar to the black Xperia Ray, if memory serves right