Overclocking

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by Marc, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Marc

Marc Member

Is it worth it to overclock my arc to 1.9 ghz?

i saw a post about doomlords's kernel lol

im not really into rooting but 1.9 ghz is wicked! need opinions and what are the pros and cons for doing so.

thanks in advance guys!

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

The immediate con is the hit on battery life and likely shortening the life of the chipset. However, if you manage it carefully it can give you a more zippy performance especially in CPU-centric tasks like browsing.

Overclocking to 1.9GHZ may also cause stability issues - I think most people who use DoomLord's kernel still use it les than 1.7GHz on a day-today basis for this very reason. We may put a guide on overclocking at some point if there's any demand for it.

3. Marc

Marc Member

thanks tej , ive read that the arc is the fastest single core phone so far and i think the problem i see is the ram when im multitasking but isnt sure , was wondering if i overlock it will it remove the slight lag sometimes when multitasking?

4. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

On our testing it didn't have too much difference on multi-tasking, none that we could visibly notice anyhow.

5. Marc

Marc Member

i see thank you ill keep it as it is then! ill just upgrade to the White Nozomi then!

6. billbond4

billbond4 New Member

7. billbond4

billbond4 New Member

Havent noticed any major increase in battery consumption by doing what is mentioned in the xda link, switching between apps has very little lag, and no more disappearing icons on the homescreens :)