Poll/Opinion: Will Sony survive in the mobile phone market?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dennis Versteeg, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Do you think Sony will survive in the mobile phone market??

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Maybe

16.7%
  1. Dennis Versteeg

Dennis Versteeg New Member

I've always been a sony fan for mobile phones. Why? Mostly for the design of the phones, because it's different from the others. Samsung? Not for me, Iphone neither. Just because everyone else wants them.. :)..

But what is another good alternative? If i look at the mobile phone market, it seems like Sony is losing more and more ground. Sales keep going the wrong way, their phones are just not competitive enough for most users.
    I really wonder if sony will still be in the mobile phone market in 5 years time. If they want to survive they need to change big time! Become a leader in hard and software and not the follower they are now.

What do you guys think? Is your next phone gonna be a sony phone? I don't know yet..

Cecco1970 likes this.
  2. Cecco1970

Cecco1970 Member

First of all, I apologize for my English (Google translate)

For decades, Sony is a big company in the world and has proposed and sold several innovative and successful products.

The segment of smartphones is an opportunity to combine several Sony technologies that stand out in the individual sectors, but the thing is not easy.

In my opinion will remain a niche market for Sony, which could have ups and downs, as has happened to date.

Smartphones are not a priority for Sony, this is obvious. Considering the public response and difficle Sony course to satisfy its customers in all aspects, it is easy to maintain for the future, a low profile, unless there will be some other innovation that could make the difference even on a smartphone.

Perhaps, allowing competition to take care of smarthpone using their own resources, it allows Sony itself to prevail with many other products that have historically been more successful.

As long as Sony will produce sensors for smartphones I do not think can avoid producing smartphone even if they are not exploited to its best on Sony (see above *)

We can make many assumptions and forecasts difficult if not impossible.

The variables are so numerous that corporate intentions may differ greatly from actual situations (rule for all companies)

These are my modest observations, and only the future will give us some answers.

3. Robnfi

Robnfi New Member

customer service comparison will kill them unfortunately