Problem with social phonebook

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by Marc, May 28, 2011.

1. Marc

Marc Member

Hi guys,

recntly i could access the contact settings > show status Updates

but today, when i was trying to access it to turn the , show contacts with numbers only on , i found that it always force closes all the time when i try to go in the menu.

it says sorry com.sonyericsson.socialphonebook stopped working and needs to close

is there any way to fix this? im running android 2.3.2

2. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Any recent changes you done causing this issue, like you installed any application that are similar to phonebook?

If not, try to get the apk from someone and reinstall it (you should have rooted to do this), if not try to do a repair software from SEUS.

3. Marc

Marc Member

i have not installed any apps similar to a phonebook.

my installed apps are the FF before i notice my social phonebook problem

1tap cleaner pro
    adobe flash player 10.3
    adobe reader
    advanced task killer free
    angry birds rio
    app brain market
    Hide my picture
    battleheart
    beautifulwidget
    cat vs dog
    coin pusher
    drag toilet paper
    executive assistant
    extended controls
    lookout
    photowall
    poweramp

if i do repair from SEUS. will it erase everything on my phone? ( sorry noob question)

4. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Yes! You need to backup before you do anything.

I notice that you are using Task killer. Try uninstalling and reboot your phone then try again to make sure it's the the culprit.

5. Marc

Marc Member

didnt work waaaa.

anyways ill just wait for the 2.3.3 update since its gonna erase everything too when i update my firmware right?

6. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

As for as I know (I've not received update yet), that update will keep your data in tact if you wanted to!!

7. Marc

Marc Member

really , thats cool , i was kind of annoyed before whenever there is a update because i have to reinstall and stuff. anyways thanks for your help =)

8. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

No Problem. I got update notification via PC Companion. I will update today and will let you know if you were to loose anything (No reply means things went smooth :D). But I read so many threads in XDA and none of them complained about loosing anything other than root.

9. Marc

Marc Member

still no update here in the philippines :(

10. Marc

Marc Member

update on this , i reset my phone and it was fixed lol