Problems after installing the newest update

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by kasper, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kasper

kasper New Member

Hey. Today i've just downloaded the newest update for Arc S. After the update and a reboot.. My phone is extreamly slow, and when i try to move things on it, like widgets... it jumps everywhere, and opening up random app's.. Anyone els experience this, and is there a way to fix it? Sony aware of this?

Thanks in advance

2. Charl

Charl Member

I'm also experiencing very slow and laggy home screens, especially when moving widgets. Overall the phone seems faster except when typing...

EDIT: I have written a review of the update covering most of the issues and also improvements. It even includes some tips for a better experience.

3. HAJI IBRAHIM MOOSHA

HAJI IBRAHIM MOOSHA New Member

After updating xperia arc S to ICS , my headet control is not working. I am not able to attend calls or play music using my headset button. Can anyone help ?

4. Yogesh

Yogesh New Member

The new ICS update 4.1.B.0.431 has done more bad than good to my Xperia Arc S. The buttery smooth feel of the old Gingerbread 2.3.4 was much more in tune with the premium feel of this device. But the laggy new firmware makes it look like it's running some test Beta rom.
    The glitches I've experienced are as follows:-
    1. Homescreen lag- very irritating. worst part of the firmware. Also lags elsewhere in the UI.
    2. Dialler takes curiously long to open up....maybe due to the integrated call log. But not at all fitting for a 1.4 GHz device
    3. Contacts setup option keeps coming many times, although the setup is done.
    4. Two galleries is an unnecessary addition. Takes more time to complete the action related to photos and videos.
    5. There is some problem with the Access point configuration. The downloads, either in browser or playstore don't work with Vodafone Live, but they work well with VDF Connect. Don't know about other networks though.
    6. Browser starts up with any random page in the history, though homepage is already set.
    7. Pausing a song from the notification bar causes the Music Player to stop altogether.
    8. Camera interface is too slow and video recording is rather choppy.
    9. Battery is draining awfully fast.
    10. Previous screenshot option through power key was better.

5. ArcSBlack

ArcSBlack New Member

Go here ! Then PC Companion ! Then enjoy your Sony Ericsson phone with no dialler lagness and other improvements...

6. Yogesh

Yogesh New Member

Yes I've updated to the latest 4.1.b.0.587. The lag thing seems to have reduced. But other complaints remain. Sms notification via LED still not resolved. Battery draining a bit faster than in 4.1.b.0.431.

7. ArcSBlack

ArcSBlack New Member

I don't have a problem with that. I mean it blinks green when I have an sms, an email or a missed call. But my issue is they (sms, missed call. email) don't have a particular colour assigned to them as there are three colours available, red, blue, green.... My battery seems to have a longer life.. with the same apps installed... nothing added or removed.

8. MEPO

MEPO New Member

Guyz, i also had the same problem after i update my device with ICS ROM... My wi-fi connection starts to trouble me... Finally i again downgrade it to Gingerbread 2.3.4 (4.0.2.A.0.42).. Now its perfect and i love my device again...

9. Dusan

Dusan New Member

One of the problems that go along with yours is SD card not refreshing after media uploading. The solution to this problem helps a lot with your problem either. What you need to do is to backup all your data and do the full factory reset. When you updated your software, android kept many user data (including app settings, and even apps which don't work best on ICS), which now makes those problems. Here you can found the whole procedure how to perform this:

http://xperia-arcs-media-refresh.blogspot.com/

Hope this was helpful!