Questions about buying Arc S and CES

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by Mario, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Mario

Mario New Member

I am thinking of upgrading from my old Nokia 5800 Xpress Music and I found Arc S to be the best choice. I have to get the phone within the next 2 weeks though. So I wanted to buy the phone last week but with all the leaks before the CES I don't know what to do. Do you guys thing that the CES announcments could push the price of Arc S down in the next week or even would the new phones be available within the next week or so?

Lastly do you think Arc S would be an acceptable phone to have for the next two or three years considering it's single-core?

Thanks!

2. billbond4

billbond4 New Member

There wil always be a better phone than the one you have on the horizon.
    You should make you decision based on what phones are available at the time you plan to buy.
    I have the arc for the last year and I went from the satio so it's roughly what you are going to do.
    And its a great phone

I don't see the price of the arc s changing two much in the next two weeks, as it probably be end of march April when the new phones will be in the shop.

Don't worry that arc is single core, not many apps are written for dual core phones yet.
    The race for more cores on phones is like megapixel one, its mainly marketing to the masses. Most people think if something has a bigger number its better , but this isnt always the case

3. faris

faris Member

well, wait for 2 days and see if the announced phone is something you would really go for and then make a decision..

4. billbond4

billbond4 New Member

Mario is going to be buying a new phone in the next two weeks,so whatever is announced at CES wont make a difference to him as they wont be available until March/April.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

thanks a lot guys. i'll probably just end buying arc s tomorrow anyway :) hopefully it'll last me for 3 years in this fast changing mobile world. also hope they'll playstation certify it today. that would sweeten the deal.

6. Roland fortune

Roland fortune New Member

hey Mario what you think of the new arc S with 12mp? I do love the first arc S but I'm broke ;)

7. Mario

Mario New Member

I like the phone and all, but it'll probably be around 500 euro without a contract which I can't afford (it's one the of the reasons why I was thinking of Xperia Arc S rather than, say Motorola Atrix or Galaxy SII).

I think current Arc S is a very nice deal. The only things I kinda don't like is the lack of NFC and front facing camera (but only because ICS actually uses them in a cool way) and Playstation certification.

8. faris

faris Member

you could go for neo instead, it has front facing camera too.. but smaller screen size..

9. Mario

Mario New Member

the screen size on neo was an issue for me as I've got my nokia 5800 which is around the same size and couldn't really type well in portrait mode. I was looking at Ray as well, but i thought against it since the processor is higher in Arc S and i want this phone to last for a few years.

Thanks for all the help, I just ordered Arc S from Sony Erricson online and it should arrive within the next 2 days. Can't wait actually :)

10. faris

faris Member

Congrats on your new phone :)

11. Roland fortune

the ray is TOO small!! what is that little thing. I really don't think I could move away for Sony phones. but are it is I'm broke and an x10 user. I want this phone but will not win it of course.

12. Roland fortune

well that is move away from Sony phones.