Root

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by Danyal, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Danyal

Danyal New Member

Can anyone tell me how to root my arc s I am on ics 4.0.4

2. bombay

bombay Member

i think you can find out if you can root your arc through the flash tool, but look in old posts on here.
    am sure i can remember seeing something about it, i can not root my arc

3. MEPO

MEPO New Member

@Danyal, did you root your device successfully...???

4. Danyal

Danyal New Member

I was able to root, but lost the root once I updated to 0.587 firmware. I have read a few tutorials that tell me to use flash tools but they are not clear as to if I should have unlocked bootloader or not. If anyone can find a excat step by step tutorial on how to root the latest firmware with the locked bootloader I would be greatfull ...

5. MEPO

MEPO New Member

With locked bootloader means your device cannot accept custom ROMs but the stock FWs. Just download the required stock firmware (you can google it) and flash the FTF file with flashtool. Hope you know how to use flashtool. If you already had the required firmware on you device, then skip this.

Then turn on USB debugging & Unknown sources from settings & change the connection mode as MCS. Then connect the device on running state to you PC & open flashtool. Press root button & wait for it. Your device will be root with locked bootloader by a single click. So simple.

If still you couldn't understand the process above, just give me some time. I'll post a full tutorial.

6. Danyal

Danyal New Member

So basicly I just need to click on the root symbol on the flash tools? I didnt know that ... that seems fairly easy. Will love if you can post a full pic tutorial. I am on .587 firmware. I read somewhere that I first have to downgrade to 0.526 and then root and then go back to .587. Is that the case or I just simply can root with the .587. This is for arc s

7. MEPO

MEPO New Member

I suggest you to downgrade it to .562 because I know its safe to the device. But I never tried .587 rooting. Experiencing it at your own risk. I f you successfully managed to root let me know the feedback. I'll post a full pic tutorial ASAP.