Sony Japan crowdfunds Wena smartwatch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by XB, Aug 31, 2015.

1. XB

XB Guest

[​IMG]Sony Japan has developed a new product in its “First Flight” crowdfunding platform in the form of the Wena Wrist smartwatch. The Wena watch takes a different approach versus other smartwatches, fusing all of the main technology into its wrist band with an analogue watch face.

The Wena wrist includes NFC, as well as other features expected of a smartwatch, including notifications of incoming emails, SMS and fitness logging (steps and calories burned). Notifications are received through LED indicator lights on the band or vibrations. Interestingly, Sony has also made sure the phone is waterproof too. Several versions of the watch are available with prices starting from 34,800 yen going up to 69,800 yen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Via Sony Japan and First-Flight.

Thanks Diogo and Srijan!

[​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Hikari_Kobushi

Hikari_Kobushi New Member

I really wish they would sell Wena watches worldwide. It is such a great accomplishment to develop such a amazing piece of hardware, it is a shame to restrict it to Japan only. I am on the look for new smartwatch as my Sony Smart Watch 3 is outdated after all these years. I cannot find anything what meets my requirements since Pebble was bought by Fitbit, Sony does not make wearables (except Wena) anymore so I am stuck with Huawei Smart Band 2 Pro.

I don't need Heart Rate monitor, I don't need build in coaches, workout assistants or GPS. What I need is NFC support , advanced notifications, Pebble style battery life that's all.

Wena would provide me with all I need due to one of the straps which has small display and watch which does not need charging.

Sony, please let me give you some money :D