Tinny / Echo In Call...

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by BobbleX10, Jul 8, 2011.

1. BobbleX10

BobbleX10 New Member

Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced problems with the incall voice quality with the Arc?
    Every now and then when I am on the phone to my other half (she has the Arc, not me unfortunately) her voice goes tinny and echoey.
    A few other people have mentioned this to her while she has been talking on the phone so I have ruled out the fact that the problem is my end.
    She has said that there is not problem with the sound her end, just what others are hearing when she is on the phone to them.
    It's not a constant issue and only lasts 5-10 seconds when it does happen.
    Is this a known fault or is it fixable without having to send the phone back for repair?

2. Marc

Marc Member

i can only think of one thing that can cause this problem.

i think she might be covering one of the mics of the Xperia Arc. there is one on the bottom and one behind the Arc, if you take a good close look you will see there is a small hole just below the camera.

maybe its in the way she holds her phone. I had the same experience when i got a calling card from someone and my pocket was full so i took out my jelly case then i put the card there then placed back the phone. when someone called me they were having sound issues like echoes and stuff.

so try letting her use a headset and put the arc on a table facing down. observe if the problem is still there, if it is then we know she is holding the phone in a wrong way during a call. (covering the back mic) problem solved!

hope this helps , let me know. Cheers!