Torch app for Xperia arc

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by mcfly, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mcfly

mcfly New Member

hi,
    does anybody know if there is a torch app installed on the arc? If not, is there a nice working torch app especially for the arc? I want to use the camera led of the arc as a torch.
    thx

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

There is nothing loaded as default. However, one of the best ones I've come across in the Android Market is called 'Color Flashlight'. It's free too"

3. mcfly

mcfly New Member

thx Tej, but I'm searching for an flashlight app which can use the camera led of the xperia arc. it would be also great, if i could choose between different brightness modes of the led (for example extreme bright, very bright, bright). i know that htc phones have a torch app which uses the camera led and which has different brightness modes. it would be great if there is an app for the arc.

4. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. Try LED Light or LED Flashlight in the Android Market. You can also try Mag Flashlight that has two brightness levels!

5. mcfly

mcfly New Member

Thx Tej,
    could somebody test these apps if they are working with the arc please? I don't have a XPERIA arc yet.

6. XperiaSam

XperiaSam New Member

I downloaded a free torch app named, 'xperia arc flashlight'. It works great, extremely simple menu and quick opening. Definately my favourite.

7. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

You can also use the "Widgetsoid" - an application from market, which does more than the "torch" function.

8. CrystalFire

CrystalFire New Member

I personally prefer the "Quick Settings" by Sergej Shafarenka.

It's an excellent app allowing you to set (turn on and off) almost all android services, and as a bonus, a torchlight that can use either the LED or screen. This app can also be "docked" at the status bar for quick access.