Update Xperia Arc to ICS

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by Rami Friedman, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Rami Friedman

Rami Friedman New Member

I have Xperia Arc with English and Hebrew langauges and keyboards.
    If I update to Nordic ICS Firmware LT18_4.1.A.0.562_NCB
    Will I be able to read and write Hebrew?

2. Charl

Charl Member

I doubt you'll be able to select it from the languages, neither can I find Hebrew keyboard, only standard and Japanese...

EDIT: You can switch back to android 2.3.4 at any time.

3. Rami Friedman

Rami Friedman New Member

Thank you Charl

4. Charl

Charl Member

Hey again Rami!

I found Hebrew keyboard in ICS! It's a little different to select it, I didn't know how to at first, but I found it now.

In settings --> Language & input there is a small icon to the right of "Xperia keyboard", when I press it I get a new menu in which I can select different languages, including Hebrew, I even tried it and it works :) If you have any questions just ask.
    Sorry for misinforming you earlier, my bad. Good luck!

5. Rami Friedman

Rami Friedman New Member

Hi Charl
    I read today in another post that you recomend to Arc users to wait for the official ICS from Sony.In The Sony Product blog they say it will be released on the end of May or the start of June 2012.I will wait for it.

6. Charl

Charl Member

Ohhh I mixed up Arc and Arc S, yes you should wait for the official release of ICS. Even if you could upgrade I wouldn't recommend it yet. The new version is very unstable and buggy. By May/June they will have optimised it better, I hope ;)