What's your first impression about Xperia arc?

Discussion in 'Xperia arc and Xperia arc S' started by Ihor Parashynets, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Ihor Parashynets

Ihor Parashynets New Member

What's your first impression about Xperia arc?

2. The Outsider

The Outsider New Member

SOOOOOOOOO gourgeous! If Sony Ericsson manages to get a good UI I might buy it.

3. matroshka

matroshka New Member

certainly it has a potential to be a good phone...

so far in terms of specs, I think only LG optimus 2x and new moto phones that surpass the xperia arc, but all of them doesn't come with good design, display, and camera..

I still regards the xperia arc as my no 1

4. AssafK

AssafK New Member

I am not sure - LG display sound good while Sony isn't as good as AMOLED yet
    As for the camera need some pictures samples or more info (Sensor size?)

5. bigbonly2u

bigbonly2u New Member

should be my Next phone :D
    just waiting for MWC if SE announce better phones then will buy that.:confused:
    but this phone is very very sexy:cool:.the only draw back for me is there is no Front Cam:(

6. Ihor Parashynets

Ihor Parashynets New Member

Are you expecting a better phone than Arc which could be shown on MWC? :) If yes - how could it be described (or did you hear some rumors about it)?

7. rpedroso

rpedroso New Member

There is a front facing camera. One of the Youtube videos shows the icon to switch cameras. I will definately be picking up the Arc. People complain about SE, but one should plan on getting a new phone every 6-12 months because of ever changing technology. There will be something better in the next few months so plan on getting it.

8. Mustafa Farooq

Mustafa Farooq New Member

can you post a link to that video, because if it does have one, then that was the only missing piece of the masterpiece(i reread that, sounds weird)....

9. Mustafa Farooq

Mustafa Farooq New Member

it just looks amazing, i was planning to get an x10, but decided to wait a bit, if the anzu gets announced, now known as the xperia arc, i am loving it even more every second, as hands on reviews and videos are popping up, i will never abandon SE, the arcs design is just beautiful, the thinness, the custom se interface, its just so shiny, ............i'll wait a lil bit more till the MWC, and unless a SE tegra 2 phone, or something at a higher postion then the arc is announced, the arc will be my first and only choice.............

10. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

In case you haven't seen it, we posted our initial impressions of the Xperia arc yesterday.

It really is a lovely phone, our main gripe was that it felt a bit cheap and 'plasticky' in the hand.

11. celt67

celt67 New Member

Man this forum is certainly taking off in a big way eh. The buzz about the future xperia ranges is absolutely underwhelming Maybe leaving existing xperia customers stranded on 2.1 could have something to do with it . I think the disinterest shown on this forum for any future sony devices could certainly be seen as an indicator of new xperia ranges future sales figures 2.2 froyo or watch new xperia range bomb

12. Xperia Blog

What we found with the X10 forum was that there was no real interest until launch. It's difficult to know whether that will be the case this time, but it's still two months to launch.

Ideally we woulld have ported the X10 forum here, but the new software didn't allow that...

13. celt67

celt67 New Member

Forget my attitude you,re probably right . Just could,nt help a dig at SE . At least you,re being constructive with your time etc. Must admit the new forum is looking i think more polished than the other one. Hope it goes well and that maybe the x10 section will pick up . If SE reconsider their stance maybe the x10 will stay relevant as the newer models like the arc come in etc As long as theres still a place for x10 im happy

14. matroshka

matroshka New Member

Hi,

May i know what's your average battery life? I feel that mine is a bit short.. it's just about 12 hours with moderate usage (reduced brightness, 3g, few browsing and music playback..)

is it possible to stay at least like 15-18 hrs with that kind of usage?

15. Xperia Blog

We've seen similar results so far, but I would wait for 5/6 recharge cycles before the battery is fully optimised. Turning off Auto-sync helps a lot too.