Xperia S previews

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by faris, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Are you willing to buy Xperia S over S2 or nexus?

1. Hell yeah!

78.9%
  2. No way (-_-)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe?

21.1%
  1. faris

faris Member

Hello everyone, I found a pretty good preview of xperia S so I am sharing here

Its in russian, but if you click cc, you will get subtitles.. I think this was the only video where they show the music player in a bit detail which is really awesome! If you guys do find more in depth previews of the new UI then please share here..

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for sharing faris - we'll have a round-up of all the hands-on previews we've seen so far later today!

3. faris

faris Member

Cant wait for it :)

Edit: Just found out a demo of xperia s with live tags!

4. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

Very disappointed that Sony still continues to release phones that are only supported in the UK. This model (LT26i) will not work on at&t's 3G network. I thought Sony was going to release phones (LT26i & LT26a) at the same time and not have a lag.

5. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

Very disappointed that Sony still continues to release phones that are only supported in the UK. This model (LT26i) will not work on at&t's 3G network. I thought Sony was going to release phones (LT26i & LT26a) at the same time and not have a lag.

6. faris

faris Member

Xperia ion is intended for US market, both S and ion will be released around march ending or april.

7. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

faris - I already know that the ion is coming to at&t, I just want the S to come unlocked with at&t bands or Sony should make the phone with Quad band like Nexus

8. jerrytea

jerrytea New Member

If you read the specs and white paper of the Xperia S on its official website, you will know IT IS QUAD BAND, both UMTS + GSM, supporting AT&T frequencies.

9. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

I did not say anything about frequencies. I said the 3G network. The LT26i will only get 2G/Edge on at&t's frequencies. I have owned four of the Xperia line, X1, X10, arc & arc S and the ''i'' versions never pick up the 3G/HSPA bands, only the ''a'' versions do. Typically the ''i'' version is released first say in March then the ''a'' version comes out like six montbs later.

10. jerrytea

jerrytea New Member

I own all of them as well, X10i supports T-Mobile's 3G because it has the 1700 and 2100 band. If you research and read carefully, the LT26i has UMTS 850 & 1900 bands, that is all you need for AT&T 3G.

11. billbond4

billbond4 New Member

Anyone know if the white xperia s has a matte surface like the back of the black x10,or is it smooth like the back of the arc?

12. jerrytea

jerrytea New Member

It has a matte surface, but I think it's a little different than the texture on X10. You can even write on it with pencils/markers and just wipe it off with your fingers. Check out the video below

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Hskf9A6MJ-w/?resourceId=105415058_06_02_99?fr=1

13. jerrytea

jerrytea New Member

The most in depth preview of the software/interface

Rene Pedroso likes this.
  14. billbond4

billbond4 New Member

Any videos showing illumination of phone when call/text is received?

15. Ihor Parashynets

Ihor Parashynets New Member

There are some rumors that on MWC analogue of XPERIA Ion will be represented but for Europe only...

16. faris

faris Member

@Rene Pedroso,
    Galaxy nexus is pentaband, while xperia s is quadband. If given the choice b/w s and ion, i personally would go for the ion as it has bigger screen and micro sd card slot.

s supports following bands UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1900 (Band II),
    2100 (Band I)
    GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 190

ATT supports 850 while T-mobile supports 2100, this all according to specs. If 3g didnt work earlier, I think you should check with att if they support 850 in your area.

@jerrytea,

Thanks for sharing that video.

Rene Pedroso likes this.
  17. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

Below is a statement from SE site on the X10's about networks. @faris they probably do not support 850 in my area. This is what I have been saying. Not that the bands are not on the device.

''Note that the UMTS/HSPA network compatability varies per location''.​

18. Ihor Parashynets

Ihor Parashynets New Member

This preview is quite good but only for those who understands Russian...

19. Madclamper64

Madclamper64 New Member

Rene Pedroso likes this.
  20. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

Thanks for the update. This is exciting news, I will keep it on my radar. Be careful though, they could be saying this just to get you to pre-order and then push back the release date.