Xperia S unlock?

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by yorkie9668, Jul 20, 2012.

1. yorkie9668

yorkie9668 New Member

Does anyone know where I can obtain an unlock code for my Xperia S please, or a way to root and do it that way, it is locked to o2 UK at the moment

2. gmac00

gmac00 New Member

I think the bootloader has been locked which means you can't root it but I might be wrong.

3. yorkie9668

yorkie9668 New Member

I found a site saying you can now unlock the bootloader, so if I do unlock it can I unlock the phone via a new rom, or will it still be locked? Many thanks

4. kavitha

kavitha New Member

Hi visit Theunlockarena.com to unlock your Sony Ericsson xperia S mobile from o2 network .Here they ask you the IMEI number of your mobile .Then at last they deliver you code to unlock your mobile.

5. crazygal

crazygal New Member

thanks for the source

6. gibbylinks

gibbylinks New Member

This only unlocks the sim. Not the bootloader !!

7. crazygal

crazygal New Member

how to unlock bootloader

8. gibbylinks

gibbylinks New Member

Exactly that's what I'd like to know.

FYI, if anyone is with O2 on contract, you can request to have the SIM (network) unlocked anytime during the contract for free. They charge £15.00 on Pay as You Go.

9. mikelw123

mikelw123 New Member

once you have done that (unlock sim) follow these instructions and you should be done :) if youre on xperia s jellybean update i dont think it works :(

10. gibbylinks

gibbylinks New Member

Sorry mikelw123, but as stated on that webpage

"In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked."

So it won't work on our phones. We need a code from O2 apparently, and they are unwilling to give it out.

Unlocking the network (O2, Vodaphone etc) is easy, unlocking the bootloader is looking to be impossible as the big boys won't co-operate !!

11. mikelw123

mikelw123 New Member

Ahh i did not know that as my phone is on O2 but not locked its sim free :) mine says Yes So in order to free your device you need O2's permission?

12. tomsworld

tomsworld New Member