yellow shaded area on bottom of screen

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by kong, Mar 18, 2012.

1. kong

kong New Member

hi guys/ girls been a follower of this site and xperiax10.net for a while but first time I've posted.

received my xperia s the other day and really Iike the new shape,larger screen (old x10 user) and I'm getting used to the touch buttons but only noticed today that towards the bottom of the screen there's a light yellow tinge about one cm wide and about 3 cm long.Anyone else noticed this with there's?

otherwise loving this phone and the camera is amazing!!

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Hey kong, welcome! :cool:

When you say tinge do you mean a discoloration in all uses i.e. browsing, viewing pictures, videos etc? i.e. is it there constantly? I've not noticed this on my handset when looking at it.

3. kong

kong New Member

it's most noticeable when browsing the internet and when the screen is on full brightness.I haven't used my phone for an hour or so now and it's still there.I'll check tomorrow and post back.

4. Xperia Blog

Let us know. I've been using the phone around half brightness, however even on full brightness I can't a similar defect on a white screen. Do you have any pics?

5. Mark

Mark New Member

I can see a faint yellow discolouration at the bottom of my screen too - all along the bottom and about 0.5cm high. Very faint but not a problem (although mine's getting replaced for a screen flicker reason). Think I have seen this mentioned elsewhere - something to do with the adhesive used to bond the screen?

6. Xperia Blog

Could possibly be? I've heard this from other manufacturers too, they normally say that this should dry up over a few day's use and the colour disappear. No idea if the same applies here?

7. kong

kong New Member

didn't notice it this morning and nothing now after work. could have sworn I noticed flickering last night but was in bed and half asleep.I'll just keep an eye on it for the next week or so

8. kong

kong New Member

just got home,checked a text on my phone and the yellow tint is back but not quite as noticeable. don't know whether I should bother to return or persevere with it?

9. Xperia Blog

kong - I've had a few other people come to be with this same issue. We'll be putting a post on this soon, so you may want to wait and see what comments come back.

10. Silverwagon

Silverwagon New Member

I have similar issue with mine, but on a much smaller scale (only at the bottom left corner). I will just leave it for now.

11. Xperia Blog

If anyone has any pictures it would be very helful!

12. kong

kong New Member

haven't noticed anything on the screen today,have a feeling it may appear when I am actually using the phone for quite a while.
    I haven't got any photos sorry but will try and take some when I next notice it appearing.
    Also what keyboard are people using, I downloaded the 'Go keyboard' as I didn't like the look of the standard keyboard but I don't think it works properly,sometimes it types letters on the other side of the screen :s

13. Xperia Blog

I'm a big fan of Swype personally, have been using it since it launched.

14. SeVeMaS

SeVeMaS Member

Hi there, I've notice the same problem, only when the phone is hot (gaming or in the support in the windshield of my car), we see it in full brightness when the screen is white (easy to see it in the service menu (*#*#7378423#*#*) / service tests / display / -touch til you see full white-). I tried to make a dumb print-screen but sure you see a full white photo :-P, i will try next time with a regular camera.

15. Xperia Blog

Sony has responded to this issue - see our post here.

16. SeVeMaS

SeVeMaS Member

Good to know that Sony will fix it, even if i prefer a replacement. problem will be now to find a service center in south France quick enough to have the phone back in the same day or week, and also i need a replacement phone. Other thing is if I let the phone they can explore my personal info.
    Now you have here the problem in pictures. not the best quality but... in the white screen you barely see the yellow spot in the bottom , the 2nd photo is a vertical multicolored test and you can see a non strait blue line, hope that helps.

Attached Files:

17. Xperia Blog

Yep, the multi-coloured picture shows it better. The problem is that when you know you have the issue you are constantly looking for it. Best to get it fixed asap!

18. MEO92

MEO92 New Member

hi guys, i want to ask. Did u all facing the problem that when u see ur pic, some tiny2 stripe will appear in the screen. It will more obvious when u use full brightness and see the pic which have red colour. :(

19. SeVeMaS

SeVeMaS Member

Can you take a pic of it? I have the yellow shade problem but not a stripe. Try to see it in the service menu/screen testm there you have the screen in full brightness and full primary colors (White, "none" with back light only, Red, Green, Blue and multicolored defiling)
    cheers

20. Hamer77

Hamer77 New Member

Anyone familiar with yellow tint issue? Has sony released proper screens already? I found some posts on other forums where people replaced their phones in customer service and still after phone reaches +40 degrees its screen becomes yellow in its bottom and top part... I have the yellow screen issue, but when phone cools down the yellow tint disappears...I wonder how long will it take that this yellow collor will become permanent. Should I wait for that or replace the phone now and pray that the new one will be better?
    Here's link to a "yellow tint" discussion:
    http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34135?start=0&tstart=0