drop test and is it worth buying

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by bombay, Mar 20, 2012.

1. bombay

bombay Member

hey guys,

i have the arc and cant upgrade for a while and am jsut wondering is it worth buy the S??

other thing is, if you drop the phone what that chances of the transparent bar breaking or snapping off, thinking the body of the phone is 3 seperate parts??

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Lol, no idea, but I'm not sure whether there'll be many people who'll want to try! We've been told that the bottom is securely integrated with the rest of the phone so you should be fine (even better if you have a case).

Rene Pedroso likes this.
  3. bombay

bombay Member

i have never seen a case i liked, i did have one for the x10 but that was jsut for the back., but if you see a good one please let me know

am sure i will drop test it after a few shandys

4. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

I used this one for my X10 & arc and it worked perfectly. I have yet to find one for my S but I am considering Piel Frama

X10 & arc -http://samsungvibrantvsiphone4.blogspot.com/2012/01/speck-holster-pro-belt-clip-for-iphone.html

S - http://www.pielframa.com/sony-xperia-s-cases-imagnum.htm

5. Xperia Blog

The Piel Frama looks nice but adds a lot of bulk. We've got one of these hard Nillkin cases on the way so we'll review that when we get hands-on.

6. bombay

bombay Member

cheers guys,
    will check out a S when i get back to uk, unless there cheaper where i am

7. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

WOW, that looks sweet. I just pick up a black one up from ebay for $14

8. Xperia Blog

It'll be interesting to see whether it looks that nice in real life! ;)

Rene Pedroso likes this.
  9. bombay

bombay Member

it looks similar to the one i had for the x10, was a good case

10. manjunathba

manjunathba New Member

unfortunately i dropped my new white xperia s in a concrete road :( :( ... actually it hit the ground with the bottom end and the anti-stain coating in that area came out and the plastic got got a small scratch :-p . . . all others are perfect ... it actually fell off from a height like 80-90 cm .. the build is actually pretty good .. wonder what would hv happened if a iphone fell from that height :-p !!

11. manjunathba

manjunathba New Member

see the pictures ... IMG00010-20120325-1345.jpg IMG00011-20120325-1346.jpg IMG00013-20120325-1347.jpg

12. Xperia Blog

Oh no, that sucks! :eek: Get a case on the Xperia S ASAP!

13. Hamer77

Hamer77 New Member

Can you please make some better pictures of that scratch (i.e. makro mode or something). I will probably buy this phone in around 2-3 days but drop resistance may be crucial before making my final decision:)

14. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

Here is how I am using my Nillkin Case in my car

Attached Files:

15. bombay

bombay Member

ouch, it does shows its made well

16. Xperia Blog

It shows how thin the case is - I do love my Nillkin case, haven't seen any case better so far.

Rene Pedroso likes this.
  17. Rene Pedroso

Rene Pedroso Member

Wish they made the Nillkin with a belt clip

18. zakirox123

zakirox123 New Member

don't worry friend same thing happen to me. Morning i bought my phone Xperia S but on the same day @ night it slipped from hand, thank God nothing happen only the bottom cap was damaged 100% same as your's.

I Found a replacement cap on german ebay.
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sony-Xperia-S-LT26-Cover-Bottom-Weiss-Original-/261015676869?pt=DE_Handy_PDA_Oberschalen_Designfol%20ien&hash=item3cc5bf27c5#ht_1773wt_1153

Here i found the compleate disassembly guide PDF please go through this.

19. Buerns

Buerns New Member

I agree, bought it for 12 € in ebay. Review: rigid enough to be protective, very slim, fits perfectly, smooth carbon tact and looks great. +10

20. Mr.Krypton

Mr.Krypton New Member

I've dropped my XPS, while holding the phone with shoulders (meantime I'm trying to get into the bus). fell into the Carpet Road, suuuuuh, ended up in small scratch in back cover ;), I think SONY glasses are shatter proof !! I have a long history of S(E) phones