XPERIA FIRMWARE DETAILS
Model: Sony Xperia S (LT26i)Firmware version: 6.2.B.0.200Region: UK (Generic) Android version: 4.1.2
File downloads (single/multiple): SingleDownload location: Use the 'Download Now' button above.
Submit Rating: Please rate the FTF firmware once you have downloaded and installed it to your phone.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Xperia Blog absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Note: This tutorial does not require you to root your handset nor does it require you to unlock your bootloader. FLASHING YOUR HANDSET DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
1) Download and install Flashtool for Windows/Linux/Mac here (Version 0.9.11.0)[Thanks to Androxyde for creating this wonderful tool]
2) Enable 'USB debugging' on your handset: - Android ICS/JB: Settings > Developer options- Android Gingerbread: Settings > Applications > Development
3) Enable ‘Unknown sources’ on your handset:- Android ICS/JB: Settings > Security- Android Gingerbread: Settings > Applications
1) Install drivers for your Xperia handsetThe very first step is to make sure that your PC has all of the necessary drivers installed for your Sony Xperia. The best way to do this is to install PC Companion or Sony Update Service (SUS).
Make sure you connect your Xperia to the PC before starting the process to download the necessary USB and ADB drivers. If you have any problems you will find the necessary drivers once you have installed Flashtool in the following location: ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’.
2) Download the firmware from the above 'Download Now' buttonThe firmware will either be in the form of a zip file or a FTF file. If it is a zip file please extract to reveal the FTF file.
3) Place firmware in correct location on your PCPlace the FTF file in the C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.
4) Launch FlashtoolOpen the Flashtool application on your PC.
Click on the lightning bolt symbol. Select Flashmode and click OK.
5) Select firmwareSelect the firmware that you have downloaded in the left column. If you do not want to do a clean install ensure 'Data' is not ticked. Press the 'Flash' button.
Note: For the Xperia Z, internal storage and data storage are in the same partition. Therefore wiping data will erase everything including media. As a precaution, we recommend backing up all content.
6 ) Connect your Xperia to the PC
Once you press the Flash button, you will see that Flashtool is 'Preparing files for flashing'.
When you see the prompt below you need to connect your Xperia handset to the PC. Turn your phone off. Press and hold the volume down button (or back button for older phones with hardware buttons on the front face) while plugging the USB cable into your Xperia.
7) Flashing process will startThe flashing process should now start.
Once you see the “Flashing finished” message in Flashtool, remove your handset from the PC and restart it (this may take a few minutes so don’t panic).
8) Your Xperia firmware should now be updatedCongratulations!
I have put an optional 9th step just to be sure everything runs smoothly.
9) Factory reset your phoneTap menu button -> Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Reset -> Reset Phone -> Confirm by tapping Erase Everything.Your phone will now restart.