Android 4.0 update

Discussion in 'Xperia U' started by GingerTheHen, Dec 12, 2012.

1. GingerTheHen

GingerTheHen New Member

Hi all, I noticed last week that an update to Android 4.0 is available so I followed the procedure to update my Xperia U but when I get to the point where I have to turn off phone and reconnect USB while pressing volume button nothing happens, phone seems to connect but nothing happens on update wizard, doesn't go on to next step. I tried many times (at least 10 times in few days), can someone help me understand what going wrong? Thanks

2. Xs1m0nX

Xs1m0nX New Member

Sounds like a lucky escape from all i have read the update to 4 is best avoided there are problems with Wi-Fi and sluggish performance I'm keeping mine on gingerbread until it sorts out if it ever does.

Sent from my Xperia U

3. GingerTheHen

GingerTheHen New Member

Really? Right now my phone still has the Android 2.3.7 version, and when I connect to pc I get a notice that there is an update available (6.1.1.B.1.54), are you saying it is better not to proceed with this update? Help!:(

4. Xs1m0nX

Xs1m0nX New Member

Yes I think that is the case, it would most likely make your phone slower and possibly give you problems with connecting to WiFi, There are some posts about with unofficial fixes for the WiFi problem I think. If you really want to upgrade to a newer android it may be worth looking into custom ROMS the only problem with that is it would invalidate any guarantee you may have. Hope that helps.

5. sebastianglez07

sebastianglez07 New Member

best cellphone that i had