Apps in doze mode or deep sleep with latest software update.

Discussion in 'Xperia Z3/Z3v and Xperia Z3 Compact' started by WeirdG, Mar 11, 2016.

1. WeirdG

WeirdG New Member

I'm on build number MMB29M.Z1.3536. I updated my D6603 to that build probably about two weeks ago now, and I noticed an issue with my Z3 putting apps into a deep sleep.

I usually leave the phone on my desk at work all day, and noticed I wasn't receiving messages anymore (email, SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, etc). I usually don't touch my phone while at work, but I do use web Whatsapp and Hangouts from my computer, and I noticed web Whatsapp has been having a difficult time syncing to my phone... more than usual. I also noticed, I stopped receiving emails while the screen was off.

Whenever I pickup my phone and start playing with it for a few seconds after it's been sitting there for a few hours, I receive a flood of messages from my apps. Is this a bug in the latest build, or is this part of doze mode? I just disabled battery optimization for email, Whatsapp, Hangouts, and SMS, so I'm hoping that fixes the problem.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. Rodrigo Roberti

Rodrigo Roberti New Member

If your firmware have Stamina mode, try to disable him...