Can I connect Xperia Ray to TV?

Discussion in 'Xperia ray' started by James Wilde, Nov 13, 2011.

1. James Wilde

James Wilde New Member

Hi Guys,

I've just joined this forum but have been a loyal SE user for several years. I have been hanging on to my T700 until now as I love the slim, lightweight design but, unfortunately, my stereo socket has just stopped working so it is definitely time to update.... Anyway, I am considering whether to get the Xperia Ray but everyone is telling me to go for the Samsung GS2. I love the design of the Ray but I would really like to have good internet functionality for emails, YouTube etc on my phone now; the small screen of the Ray is slightly offputting in this regard. However, there is one thing that could swing it for me - the GS2 can be connected to a TV, which is something I would find very useful when at home so I could watch some old TV shows I like on YouTube. My questions is this -
    Is there any way the Xperia Ray can be connected to a TV like this? I know it does not have HDMI output, but I was wondering if there exists an adaptor cable that can be plugged from the USB port to the HDMI / scart port on the TV. Can anyone help with this???

J

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

The only way I know of is using DLNA - but this would require a compatible TV or box (like a PS3) to work.

3. Nevin John

Nevin John New Member

I think it's possible through Livedock.