Information on Rooting the mobile...???

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by sathvik, Aug 13, 2012.

1. sathvik

sathvik New Member

Hi Friends...

Can any1 please give me info on advantages and disadvantages on rooting the mobile....i hear lot of people speak about it and couldn't give me clear info on that....
    Is it suggested that we root our mobile...???

Thanku...

2. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

It depends on what you want to do!
    Many people root it to do mods. Some do tweaks. If you are happy with the way the phone works and don't really bother, I suggest to keep out of rooting (though rooting doesn't brick the phone).

If you really interested in rooting, mods and tweaks, the only way is to Google and read the stuff people already posted. It's hard to explain everything here. Good luck and happy reading.

3. sathvik

sathvik New Member

ya, i will browse more info on rooting...and Thankx for the info LiveSquare.

4. crazygal

crazygal New Member

rooting is the act of gaining root access to a device, giving yourself privileges to work around limitations.usually Iphones have to jailbreaked to make it access with third party applications.before rooting you haveto get your phone unlocked..you can have a look up at this free guide called Mobileunlockguide.com … where you can find instruction how to unlock your phone step by step...
    To root your mobile, first download and install the Android SDK
    The Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is an excellent tool which lets you manage your phone from your computer. It is included in the Android ASK installation along with USB drivers for your phone.
    Download this file: update.zip and copy it to your SD card.
    Connect your mobile to your PC via USB and use the ADB console to type this command:
    adb reboot recovery
    In the recovery menu, select “apply sdcard:update.zip” by pressing Home + Volume_Down
    Your mobile will now reboot and is successfully rooted. You now have root access to your phone as a Super User.