LED too bright....

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by mphenwood, May 1, 2012.

1. mphenwood

mphenwood New Member

When my phone is on charge the LED indicator that lights up is too bright. It keeps me awake at night. Can it be turned down?

Cheers, Martin H

2. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

No. You can't.

3. HymanSilver

HymanSilver New Member

I wouldn't get too sucked in on the led panel light backlights. They have their advantages and disadvantages, but when it comes down to it you're looking at the real quality of the panel and electronic processing rather than just the backlight.
    For led outdoor lighting example, a monitor with better image quality (and bigger) in that price range - Samsung B2430H. It has a CCFL backlight, but the difference in power is about 10W in real life conditions. Not massive. Sure, it's not as thin, but it's still VESA mountable. I've also heard that a lot of LED monitors are too bright out of the box and will require some tweaking. Although they also boast better backlight uniformity, it still doens't hide a bad screen.
    Dell make some very good led strip lights 12v monitors, but mainly the IPS panels, which cost a fortune. Their TN panels don't stand much apart from the rest of the crowd to be honest.
    Personally, I just ordered a Samsung P2450H. Very similar to the B2430H except better internals and nicer exterior (subjective, of course) albeit 7-8 months older in design.