M2 Won't turn on

Discussion in 'Xperia M2, Xperia M2 Dual and Xperia M2 Aqua' started by harryefstathiou, Jun 8, 2014.

1. harryefstathiou

harryefstathiou New Member

okay, so I purchased my Sony Xperia M2 about 3 days ago now and it was up and running smoothly like you would expect from the phone, until today when I went to take a screenshot something (which includes pressing the power button and volume up/down button simultaneously) As I did this my phone completely switched off and will not turn on again. I've tried to reboot it (power button and volume buttons) at least 20 times. I wait a long time each time I'm holding them but I still don't receive any vibrations from the device and it doesn't turn on. I've tried connecting it to a power source and the LED light doesn't even light up.
    I even tried the Sony PC companion software update thing but the computer doesn't even recognise that my device is connected so I gave up on that. I was just wondering if there's anything I can do before I send it back off to Sony to get a replacement.

thank you, any replies will be much appreciated :)

2. beth05

beth05 New Member

press the on button and the button to turn the volume up together it worked on mine :)

3. andiaburisman

andiaburisman New Member

very interesting. thanks, because my xperia can turn on again

4. Mihailo Z.

Mihailo Z. New Member

@harryefstathiou,

press the button inside SD Card slot with pin. (Find "OFF")