No network - wrong bands?

Discussion in 'Xperia Z3/Z3v and Xperia Z3 Compact' started by Catullus, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Catullus

Catullus New Member

Hey guys,

I've got a problem with my Z3. Until recently I had the Marshmallow Beta installed, no problems at all. I then did a factory reset and didn't use my phone for about two months.

Yesterday I tried using it again, but now my phone won't log in to my network. It properly recognises my SIM (which perfectly works in other phones), I have to enter my PIN when putting it in. However, it won't register in the network and won't log in at all. Repairing with the Xperia Companion and flashing with the generic firmware didn't help.

Since I've noticed it only finds the networks on LTE bands, not when I've disabled LTE (GSM/WCDMA only), I suspect there might be something wrong with the band settings. Could the GSM/3G bands be disabled somehow?

I'd appreciate any help, I'm really stuck here.

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Have you input the correct APN settings for the handset? Check here to see how to do that?

3. Catullus

Catullus New Member

Thank you for the answer. Yeah, I did try that, no luck. Anyways, if I understand this correctly, this should only apply if you can connect to the network, but don't have data, right? My phone doesn't connect at all, doesn't even seem to "see" the network at all if I disable LTE.

4. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

That os very odd indeed and you're sure the SIM card works in other devices? Seems strange that you're not getting any kind of signal at all.

Catullus likes this.
  5. Catullus

Catullus New Member

Yeah, the SIM definitely works in other devices. I currently use it in my Blackberry Priv with no problems at all.

As I said, it seems like a problem with the bands. If I search for available providers with LTE enabled, it finds all three available providers (O2, T-Mobile and D2/Vodafone). The D2 network is listed as available (little house symbol to the left), but registering doesn't work. ("Could not connect to network").

If I disable LTE, it doesn't find any providers at all. Hence my suspicion that GSM/WCDMA bands might somehow be disabled... Any way to check for that?

6. rohit789

rohit789 New Member

I have the same problem too