Phone app closes when dialling a number

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by Darren Fryer, May 20, 2012.

1. Darren Fryer

Darren Fryer New Member

Hi, hopefully someone out there can help...

I have changed from a HTC Desire to the Sony Xperia S and used an app called iDrive lite to transfer contacts, photo's etc, all appeared to be successful, but the one problem i now have is that when I try to make a call on opening the phone app as soon as I press a number I receive the following message;

Sorry - The application Contacts (process.com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close.

This happens every time I try and call a new number, although there isn't an issue when making calls from contacts already stored on the handset, or from the missed calls list. I'm sure that this would be something to do with the files copied across from the HTC in an O2 store but don't know where to start.

I have tried doing a software update, but my software is all up to date, currently using Android version 2.3.7....

Any suggestions?

2. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Reset the phone and use the native contact backup (in the phone application --> Menu --> Backup contacts (or may be export), then transfer the file to new XS and use similar but this time import and you should be good to go.

Alternatively you can sync to Google and resync back to your new XS.

Third option, you can try using PC Companion to backup and import it to your XS.

Hope this helps.