Problem Updating Xperia s

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by mickmcmut, Apr 21, 2012.

1. mickmcmut

mickmcmut New Member

Hi I am having a problem updating my xperia s via pc companion.I am stuck on preparing phone when it tells me to connect the USB to the phone and press the volume down button.I have done this but nothing is happening.Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Christopher Kay

Christopher Kay New Member

Are you still struggling to update? I had some problems at first, but a reboot of both phone & PC did the trick.

One of the problems I encountered was that one of the components didn't install properly when I first connected the phone to the PC via USB. Can't remember which one, but the PC Companion just refused to recognise the handset.

Again, after the dual reboot, everything went swimmingly, although I did also update PC Companion to the latest version (seriously, who uses that thing other than for updates?).

3. mickmcmut

mickmcmut New Member

Thanks for your reply. I managed to update eventually as it seems to be a problem with my laptop USB ports.
    Used my daughter's laptop and it worked first time.

4. kyawzaya00

kyawzaya00 New Member

'The phone contains modified software that cannot be updated ' PC companion say like that ... My Xperia S is White LT26i. 6.0.A.3.62 . Unlock bootloading & rooted ... how should i do , Do i have to Unrooted or relock ? if so, may be ok ? thz

5. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

When you were unlocking, I think it's made clear that you cannot use PC Companion or SEUS to update your phone unless you re-lock it.