Some questions about Xperia P

Discussion in 'Xperia P' started by Ryuu, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Ryuu

Ryuu New Member

Hello there!

I'm planning on purchasing the Xperia P. However, there are a few questions I have been unable to find answers for (both online and the store).

1 - Does the transparent strip glow on the Xperia P. I'm aware that it does not have multiple colors like the Xperia U, but I read somewhere that it does have a single white LED. Could someone please confirm this?

2 - If the strip does glow, can it be used for notifications?

3 - Are there any other notification LEDs on the phone?

4 - The battery life has been the biggest debate for this phone. Anyone who has experience on this front?

I would greatly appreciate answers for these questions!:)

~Ryuu

2. Nevin John

Nevin John New Member

1. Yes it glows but not bright as in the case of Xperia s. In dark you can just see where the back, home and options buttons are. Thats all.
    2. Not by default but then somebody has developed an app for that. Download it from google play.
    3. Yes there is. On the front top.
    4. In my case it lasts 12 hours. 1 hour of browsing on wifi, data disabled, display brightness set to bright mode, 10 minutes of calls, 50-70 messages.

3. Ryuu

Ryuu New Member

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, Nevin.

Appreciate it! :)

~Ryuu

4. ProWeirdo

ProWeirdo New Member

I have Xperia S, but I can answer few of these:
    1) Yes it does, however on this blog I saw a post about people modificating LED colors, if you like playing with software, you can do it.
    2)Yes, there's an app called "illumination bar notification" on Google Play.
    3) As dude before me said, there is.
    4) Cannot answer, but using Xperia S I got and updated to some firmware sony released and it saved battery much more then after putting my phone from the box. Maybe Xperia P will get something similar. Hope I helped.

5. Ryuu

Ryuu New Member

Thanks, ProWeirdo.

I got my set a couple of days ago and I absolutely love it.

There's one thing that still bothers me. The illumination bar is doesn't stay lit for a long time. The light turns off after a few seconds. I looked through the settings and I could not find anything which would keep the light on for longer. It's especially annoying in the dark where I end up having to grope around to find the home/menu/back keys. Anyone has any ideas on this?

Note: I'm not referring to the use of the illumination bar as a notification bar. I'm referring to it's regular usage.

~Ryuu

6. ProWeirdo

ProWeirdo New Member

Ooooh you use it only to show these buttons in the dark? Heh creative but I have no idea how to turn it on forever, mind that it would consume more battery.