WiFi

Discussion in 'Xperia S and Xperia SL' started by Barry Jones, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Barry Jones

Barry Jones New Member

Problem, I would like to access the internet (from Xperia) via the WiFi on my desktop. Reason being my residence is outside my carrier's zone so I am roaming on a partner carrier and frankly can't afford the data charges (like $2/Mb). There's a coupla Apps I'd like to get and it's been suggested that it may be posible to connect via my PC. What do you think??

2. Chalmers1

Chalmers1 New Member

3. SeVeMaS

SeVeMaS Member

One question to your question, from where you got the internet on your laptop? if you are using the internet connection from a Ethernet network, just use the internet sharing option on your windows via WiFi.

4. Wiratama Dibyaguna

Wiratama Dibyaguna New Member

by the way sorry for a bit out of topic here.
    does anyone realize the wifi strength? is just me or the phone is a bit lack of wifi strength
    with my iPhone I got full bar of wifi signal when connected. But, with my Xperia S, I only got half of it with the same host and same position.
    is there any options to strengthen the wifi receiver signal?

5. LiveSquare

LiveSquare Member

Are you experiencing any drops or any issues connection to websites? If none, they are just fine.

Bye-the-way, phone is showing low signal (lesser bars) since the ICS update, but I never experience any issues in reality.

6. Cable

Cable New Member

Same here. Phone shows 1 bar wi-fi reception but my iPad shows full bars :(

7. SeVeMaS

SeVeMaS Member

as said above, if the connection is ok, you should not be worried, that maybe means the iphone shows full strech just to "show off" :-P