Xperia M2 dual problems after lollipop 5.1.1 Update

Discussion in 'Xperia M2, Xperia M2 Dual and Xperia M2 Aqua' started by Maverick7, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Maverick7

Maverick7 New Member

hello everyone

Recently i upgraded my M2 Dual to Lollipop 5.1.1 after receiving the update and after which i have been facing a series of problem. Previously i had Kitkat which never had such problems. I am listing out the problem below.

1. Whenever i go to contacts to import a vcf file , located in my SD card or Internal memory everything freezes.
    but if i select import from SIM it scans the SIM but not SD card or Internal memory. If i select to import from Internal or SD card the address book freezes.

so i did a factory reset and after that i selected import , then it took my vcf file residing in my memory.
    after installing all application , again i tried to import to check but again it freezed up so i formatted again
    and again it took the vcf file from internal memory or sd card , but after installing all apps it did not take vcf file from internal or sd card. I dont know why???? all my contacts are only in phone and not synced.

2. Another problem is with whatsapp. In kit kat when ever i used to add a number in address book it automatically used to give me a whatsapp message and whatsapp call icon besides the contact but in
    Lollipop i just took a look and saw it was missing. Also in this version whenever i take a look in details of
    contact in edit option i see two tab . Under one tab its written "account:local account" and another tab its
    written "account: whatsapp". But no whatsapp icon.

so i did a factory reset and installed whatsapp and imported address book , and this time i could see
    whatsapp icon with both message and call. But after installing other apps it vanishes , my some friends have lollipop but they havent faced such an issue. Please help me regarding the same as i have seen all
    settings in whatsapp everything is fine. Because when i install only whatsapp with no application it shows
    but after that it vanishes.

also in address book what is this filter option and in display contacts there is no whats app account.
    my whatsapp account is in autosync too. is there any issue with this update ??? has someone faced an issue like this??? i have done factory reset numerous times but no success.

the applications i have installed are gmail,yahoomail,linkedin,truecaller,amazon,Candy crush wechat.
    i have also updated google play services.

please help me regarding the same.

thank you