Xperia P forum now live

Discussion in 'Xperia P' started by Xperia Blog, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

The Sony Xperia P has just been announced. Please use this forum for any future discussion.

The Sony Xperia P has a 4-inch qHD WhiteMagic display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 8MP Exmor R camera and aluminium unibody design.

2. myproffs

myproffs New Member

Sony Xperia P Review

One of the Sony latest devices which was unveiled at MWC is the Xperia P. Xperia P is a solid mid-range Android phone running a dual-core processor and a decent camera.
    The device has a 4-inch screen with WhiteMagic which is Sony's Reality Display technology, the screen is smaller than the Xperia S's 4.3 inches, it will fit into the pocket easily.
    The display is powered by Sony's Mobile Bravia Engine a screen technology it also uses in its TVs. The colours certainly looked vibrant and glossy during my swift hands-on.

3. ewanzol

ewanzol New Member

why xperia P doesn't has dot icon for touch-screen buttons, like xperia S & U?

4. Xperia Blog

We don't think the U has them either. The Xperia P and U have a sensor just above the bar. However, you aim for the bar and it should register your command. Works very well in practice.

5. billbond4

billbond4 New Member

yeah the red one looks nice, but just wonder would it scratch and the silver colour of the alumium come out through it

6. Xperia Blog

That's the risk of going for alternative colours - you would only really find out with months of usage too...

7. faris

faris Member

Why is there absolute silence on xperia p and U? its like they are outcasts..

8. Majesty

Majesty New Member

I have no clue.. Probably because they aren't available in stores yet, there's not much to talk about, yet.

9. faris

faris Member

I mean its almost 2 weeks away from releasing, and no one has gotten a preview out yet.

10. Majesty

Majesty New Member

More like a few days away from releasing. I saw some German webshops claiming to get it on the 25th of April already.
    I hope it's going to be available one of these weeks in the Netherlands.

11. Majesty

Majesty New Member

12. Patrick Pan

Patrick Pan New Member

i bought an Xperia P in China( here its dubbed LT22i), will post unboxing pics later

billbond4 likes this.
  13. Majesty

Majesty New Member

That would be awesome! I'm very curious about the screen, whether it has yellow spots or not..

14. Simran

Simran New Member

I wonder why it has been delayed so much... i've been waiting since april for this phone :(

15. Majesty

Majesty New Member

Wondering about that too. Waiting since March here, haha. Was excpecting it in April.
    Would love to know the reason, even if there's no reason for it.

16. Simran

Simran New Member

17. Simran

Simran New Member

The xperia p dock has apparently been cancelled :(

18. Ayuesh

Ayuesh New Member

its not ccancelled
    it is replaced by xperia P TV dock

19. Simran

Simran New Member

yeah i know.... but its not of much interest to me since i was going to buy the smart dock because of the usb ports

20. Ayuesh

Ayuesh New Member

yeah that was a gud feature bcuz most people dont have bluetooth enabled keyboards