Xperia P wifi issue

Discussion in 'Xperia P' started by Dawetygrik, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Dawetygrik

Dawetygrik New Member

Several days ago I bought new Xperia P. Since begining I found to unstable wifi connection in home network. Previous Samsung W without any problems.
    This issue come irregulary in time and without any context to signal strenght. When trying to find out, I only found there is a problem to obtain IP address from router. On router log there is MAC of phone visible an noted as associated or ressociated, regard the situation. All widget I tryed show status connected and original phone aplication was in Limitated connection with IP addres made internal without router. Seem to be matter of obtaining or renewing IP address. Router is set up to DHCP and wireless is encrypted to WPA-PSK. There was no change in other encryption nor fully opened wireless with no protection or encrypting. Still the same situation. Does anybody similiar problem or any adwise how to fix it up ?

Dawe

Sony Xperia P (LT22i) on GB 2.3.7.
    kernel version 2.6.35.7+,
    Build 6.0.B.1.564
    Data disabled, Wifi allowed,
    Advanced settings - Wifi sleep policy to never swich from wifi to data

router Ovislink WMM-3000r on firmware R1.97g8-R61-MBSSID

2. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

I've not had any issues connecting to wifi with my Xperia P. You haven't tried resetting the router have you?

3. Dawetygrik

Dawetygrik New Member

Yes I have, but I have theory not prove yet. Guess is that router has problem to renew Ip on the phone. I tryied on another network, another router without any troubles. So this prolem appears only in home network yet.

4. ub7

ub7 New Member

is the problem solved?
    If not
    Do you have mac filter turned on in your router?

5. Rannel

Rannel New Member

i also have the same problem. wifi connects at first but after a few seconds, it will automatically disconnect. Never had a problem connecting other devices though.