Xperia ray forum now live

Discussion in 'Xperia ray' started by Xperia Blog, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

Just to let you know we have opened this new forum to discuss the upcoming 3.3-inch Xperia ray smartphone. This phone looks like it will be a big hit for Sony Ericsson as long as it is priced reasonably. It comes with all of the notable features of the Xperia arc and Xperia neo (apart from HDMI out) in a smaller package and aluminium chassis.

Please post any specific questions relating to the Xperia ray in this forum. :)

dc1237 likes this.
  2. Dulaj

Dulaj New Member

I will definitely be buying it. Wanna know which SE hands free comes with it.

For an example Xperia Arc comes with MH 650.

If its not LiveSound, then what will it be? Any idea? Cause I prefer in ear earbuds.

3. k_g_azam

k_g_azam New Member

love this one. when is INDIA launch??? Also can we change the themes (blue theme to something else??)

4. k_g_azam

k_g_azam New Member

If Sony Ericson can upgrade the RAM from 512 to a higher number 764 - 1024 MB it will be the best device!!!!

5. Dulaj

Dulaj New Member

Themes can be changed. I saw a video in YouTube a guy changing themes with different coloures.

6. Dulaj

Dulaj New Member

Yes that would be better, but my friend bough an Arc a week ago and he said multitasking can be done with no lag at all. I think 512Mb is fine for SEs as its doing really well.

7. Marc

Marc Member

i think i have to disagree, it really depends on how much he uses the phone. my arc lags sometimes. i dont use a task killer and i never ran out of memory anyways but i think its the widgets that make my Arc lag.

im using pure messenger for my emails ( one widget) then another pure messenger for my twitter and facebook ( different home screen ) then one home screen each for pure grid calendar , pure calendar and pure news.

i have data plan setup so that it updates every 1hr and the RSS ( pure news) every 3 hrs and there will be times that my arc would lag. im using go launcher too by the way , i dont know if the problem is from using go launcher or from my widgets,

but keep in mind i also have other widgets like advance clock widget , glass widgets.

8. Phone Review

Phone Review New Member

Xperia Ray is a 3.3 inch smartphone with Android 2.3, 854 x 480 display powered by Sony's Mobile BRAVIA engine and an 8.1MP camera with the Exmor R lens, just like the Xperia Arc. Play have this on pre-order for £349.99, and all being well will be released on 15 August 2011.
    I love it!!!

9. TANINOS

TANINOS New Member

MY FIRST DAY WITH XPERIA RAY I FOUND 2 PIXEL BURNED !!!!!
    CONGRATULATION SONY ERICSSON!!!!!

10. Rique

Rique New Member

I purchsed a new XRay. I am coming from a Sony Satio. I love my Satio but its processing speed is becoming obsolete. I thought the camera from the Xperia Ray was way better but I think I may be wrong. My phone is still in the mail. Anybody compared the Satio camera to the Ray one?

11. Xperia Blog

We have some samples in our review. Not compared it to a Satio, although we know it was a very capable camera phone.

12. dc1237

dc1237 New Member

im going to buy d xperia ray dis christmas. i love its design a lot. i have some questions about this phone:
    is the photolight on x ray as bright as xperia arc or neo's led flash?
    how is the bettery life compared to arc?(imo,both arc&ray have 1500 mAh battery but ray has much smaller screen,so it shuld give more hours of battery)
    is the ray's screen with 297 ppi is as clear as retina display?(this point doesnt matter,i just wanted to know it)
    can wireless dlna in ray perform d function hdmi out?(this also not necessary)
    how is the sun legibility of xperia ray?
    i have read in some articles that xray has "no air gap display" does it have any advantages?
    does the xperia neo and arc have no air gap display?
    thanks a lot xperia blog!

13. dc1237

dc1237 New Member

it comes with mh400 earphones

14. Xperia Blog

dc1237 - The Xperia neo does have an air gap, unlike the arc. The Xperia ray display is very sharp and it's hard to go back to a normal display afterwards. It hasn't got as high a pixel density as the iPhone but it's pretty close!

The photo light is very bright, but unfortunately it doesn't work like a LED flash. You have to turn it on/off manually.

Battery life is as good, if not slightly better than the arc, neo. The reason it's not miles better is that it is still having to deal with a 854 x 480 resolution display. Sunlight legibility on the TFT display is vert good, like most of the Xperia models.

dc1237 likes this.
  15. dc1237

dc1237 New Member

thanx for helping for answering my questions very clearly!! xperia blog review say that the touchscreen of ray is lagging (the input is not registered) is frustrating at times. is that a problem in all x-rays or is only unit specific? have u experienced d same touchscreen problem while handling an another unit of xperia ray? some reviews like that of tech radar say the phone's screen got small scratches over a period of time. did ur ray also got the scratches over the screen? and is it because its not gorrila glass nd is mineral/dragontail glass? thanks.

16. dc1237

dc1237 New Member

did ur ray got screen burn in problem? it usually happens with super amoled screens.

17. dc1237

dc1237 New Member

and one last question-in gsmarena review of xperia ray i read the android gallery shows downsized (lower resolution) version of pictures/videos. is there any gallery available in the android market that can solve this problem? sorry for inconvenience!!​

18. Xperia Blog

In another Xperia ray test, we didn't notice the responsiveness to be as bad on the review sample. There's not any screen burn problems that we've seen either.

19. dc1237

dc1237 New Member

i checked in croma both xperia ray and neo were priced around 18k. confused between both of them!! neo has bigger screen,hdmi and camera shutter. what would u prefer? when u tested both of them,which was better in camera quality,sound loudness and display(sun legebility, viewing angle and rich colors) i think ray has pitch black screen & no air gap display so it must be less reflective under the sun. thanks.:)

20. Xperia Blog

Both the (original) Xperia neo and Xperia ray are great phones. The Xperia ray is much sexier, but we feel the neo is more functional. Camera and speaker quality were pretty much on par with each other. Can't really comment on sun legibility as they were tested at different times and no longer have the neo with us!