Xperia Z1 Xperia Z1_C6903_14.6.A.0.368_Singapore_Generic 5.1.1

Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) Android 5.1.1 firmware - Generic Singapore

1. Xperia Blog

Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

2. OldSoul

OldSoul New Member

Hi.My Z1 device say that "could not install,please try again" but I tried several times and the same result comes across all the time.Any ideas?Please help.Thanks.

3. Xperia Blog

Show us a screenshot in Flashtool what you are seeing? Thanks.

4. Maggers1949

Maggers1949 New Member

My Z1 has been showing "Xperia system update" installation (Lollipop 5.1) non-stop for 24hrs, even when phone is turned back on. I can't find how to cancel the installation or stop it. Help please! (UK)

5. Xperia Blog

Sorry - just to understand, you don't want to update to the latest firmware?

6. Maggers1949

Maggers1949 New Member

I think Z1 already had Lollipop 5.0. from a while back. But this new "installation" just won't finish or close. So yes I do want to cancel the update. I was going to try a "restore" and backed up all my pics/files/apps to the SD card, but the Restore option doesn't work !

7. Xperia Blog

So the build number it is prompting you to update is the same update you are currently on already?

8. Maggers1949

Maggers1949 New Member

Well I presume 5.1 is an update to 5.0. - the Settings/About Phone/Android Version is actually showing 5.0.2. It is now 3 days since the prompt to update the operating system and it's still got the "installing" bar running, which is what I want to stop somehow.

9. Xperia Blog

I see, have you tried restarting your phone? This won't cause any issues as the update has obviously failed somewhere along the line.

10. Maggers1949

Maggers1949 New Member

I've an appointment with an O2 techie for Saturday who I hope will be able to sort this out properly - today they could only manage to turn off the permanent notification, but I understand the "installation" is still running in the background, which I hope will be stopped by the techie. Presume you've not come across this glitch before?

11. EJAB

EJAB New Member

Votre mode de telechargement cloud (Méga) est trés mauvais.
    J'ai perdu toute la nuit et aussi beaucoup d'argent pour télécharger le firmware
    mais toujours echec de telechargement à plus de 80% et pas moyen de continuer.
    MEGA account is baddddddddd!!!!