Altering a file on Xperia T

Discussion in 'Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia TL' started by stylefrog, Jan 23, 2013.

  1. stylefrog

    stylefrog New Member

    Hi all,

    I need to alter a file on my phone and am unsure how to go about it.

    It's the file that dictates the phone type for Bluetooth pairing. The reason I need to edit this file is I have a phone kit installed that echoes unless it's changed to normal phone, as apposed to a smartphone. This thread details the issue and how to do it on an X1, but I need to make the same tweak on my Xperia T instead:

    1) Delete existing bluetooth pairing with CK-7W Carkit
    2) Change Registry setting:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Sy s\COD
    the default is 5898764 (Decimal) which is "Telephone (Smartphone)" which you would think would work. Changed to 5374476 (Decimal) which is a normal phone.
    3) Restart the X1

    Please help!

    Thanks guys.

    Matt