Battery drain Xperia SP

Discussion in 'Xperia SP' started by Brecht Gettemans, Jul 1, 2013.

  1. Brecht Gettemans

    Brecht Gettemans New Member

    Hi,

    I bought a Xperia Sp a few days ago. Very happy with it, fast, nice looking screen,...

    However there is something terribly wrong with the battery. I leave the house at 97% (fully charged), One hour later (without turning on the screen) I'm already at 85%. When my working day starts, the phone lasts for a maximum of 8 hours. My previous phone was a HTC desire X, it lasted easily for over 18 hours fully operational. Wifi/3G, GPS, push emailing, etc.

    The Xperia SP has a 2300 mAh battery, wich is almost a 1000 mAh more than the HTC. I know it's difficult to compare phone (HTC has a smaller screen, only 800 by 480 pixels,...) but the Xperia is even draining in idle modus.

    I have it for 3 days. Do I have to turn it in to (hopefully) get a new one, or is it like it is? I turn on the screen regularly, but I don't play games or watch (hd) video on it, just the ordinairy emailing, calling, facebook checks and Whatsapp.

    Thanks for your answers.
     
  2. Adi Imam

    Adi Imam New Member


    Hey , even i have that same problem. I haven't found any permanent solution to it but there is a way. Just follow these steps and you phone will work fine.

    1) Settings>App>All Apps
    2) Look for an app named something like "Extended Standby Mode controller" or "Eco Mode" etc...
    3)Force Stop that app.
    4) Wait for 2 secs then Clear Data.
    5) Then after 5 secs restart your phone and you are done. :)

    The battery drain will stop. The problem can occur every 5-10 days. Whenever it happens do the same thing again.

    Enjoy ...!!!!!
     
  3. Fabiansp

    Fabiansp New Member

    Hi, I´m having a similiar problem with my SP, and it´s the STAMINA mode. First when I activated it the battery was during like 2-3 days, and now when I active, it doesn´t make any change , and my bettery starts in 99% when I disconect it.
    I hope anyone can help me with this.
     
  4. Sufyan

    Sufyan New Member

    I have the same problem
     
  5. Sufyan

    Sufyan New Member

    I have exactly the same problem! my battery drains 25% overnight in standby mode! It really is a big problem.

    Now i'm trying what Adi Imam has recommended and force stopping and clearing the eco mode controller and restarting the phone. I hope this works.

    Will post here again if that has fixed the problem!
     
  6. Sufyan

    Sufyan New Member

    So I tried that method Adi Imam recommended and I still have the battery drain problem overnight. Any of you guys having the problem?

    Anybody know how to fix it?

    Thanks!
     
  7. gagaprince

    gagaprince New Member

    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH..i got problem with battery stamina in my xperia L..fully charged battery only last for 11hours eventhough i turned battery stamina on..but ive tried these steps:
    1) Settings>App>All Apps
    2) Look for an app named something like "Extended Standby Mode controller" or "Eco Mode" etc...
    3)Force Stop that app.
    4) Wait for 2 secs then Clear Data.
    5) Then after 5 secs restart your phone and you are done. :)
    and it works normal again..thank you haha GBU :D
     
  8. gagaprince

    gagaprince New Member

    turn battery stamina mode on..
     
  9. Nafari Cahyadi

    Nafari Cahyadi New Member

    Hey man. Thanks for solving my problem. it works on me. Much oblige dude.

    Anyway, THANKS A ALOT HOMIE !!
     
  10. camille054

    camille054 New Member

    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014