Can't repair Xperia Ion (LT28i) in the US???

Discussion in 'Xperia ion' started by Xperia LT28i user, Oct 29, 2012.

  1. Xperia LT28i user

    Xperia LT28i user New Member

    I bought an Xperia LT28i (Ion) in Hong Kong about two months ago, and it stopped working 2 days ago (won't turn on after powering off). I've tried plugging it into the wall, hooking it up to the computer, nothing. Brought it to the Sony Store in Palo Alto, they couldn't fix it, and told me to call Sony Support (877-797-3742) to find out where to send it for repairs. Called them, told them the phone's IMEI number, a service rep named Rachel told me that since I'd bought it in HK, I'd have to call the HK support number AND send it back to HK for any repairs.
    HUH??!! I understand that my warranty is only effective in Asia since that's where I bought it, but I just want it repaired! I'm willing to pay to have it done by Sony America, since that's where I am now, why can't they do it?!
    Any advice on Mom and Pop stores in the SF bay area that might be able to do the repairs instead?
    Any info/advice appreciated-- thanks!
     
  2. xperiaMX

    xperiaMX New Member

    I was under the impression the Ion LT28i is the same thing as the AT&T Ion...

    Did the store in Palo Alto give you a reason why they couldn't fix it?
     
  3. gbpeery

    gbpeery New Member

    The same thing happened to us with this phone I think something is really wrong this phone. Sony acts like they don't even care.