I've downloaded the SNES emulator, but whenever you press the circle button, it goes back, and eventually exits. Has anyone got these working?
Haven't tried any emulators so far to be honest, I did hear that some of the keys are mapped differently. Did you go into the settings menu? Also, which emulator did you try?
Have you tried changing the key mappings in the emulator? Also I would recommend checking out the "tiger" emulators if you haven't already.
download the snes 9 x emulator - its the easy one to use and takes no more than 2 mins to change the key mapping and get it full screen without showing the buttons on the screen. change your key mapping and unbound the back button.. but make sure you menu button is not changed.... best thing about snes 9x is that it saves games not matter what happens.. (call - text - or phone switches off)
The SNES emulator SNESoid is definitely better than SNES9X currently for the XP.....both need a bit of work. The Wii SNES9x emulator is how good an emulator port should be - its virtually flawless on all games, and this is running on hardware based back in about 2001 (the Wii chipset being just a slight upgrade to the Gamecube). I'm sure the Xperia Plays 1Ghz CPU has plenty of grunt to make SNES emulation perfect.
SNESoid was discontinued and replaced SNESDroid, just in case people couldn't find it. But I do agree with your comments that the SNES emualtor should run smooth on this kind of hardware. Button remapping however is a must on the play. I'd personnaly recommend Snes 9x ex its smoother and free but on slide me, not the market (i don't think its on the market anyway).
SNESoid wasnt discontinued, its just on the SlideMe market now. As far as your issue with the emulator, you have to go into Settings>Other settings and check the box that says "Use input method" This works for all the "XXXXoid" emulators. Then just map the buttons the way u like and VIOLA! Handheld consoles.