How far the Xperia L's camera can see?

Discussion in 'Xperia L' started by JpT, Mar 1, 2014.

  1. JpT

    JpT New Member

    A few days ago when I was going to work at 5am, I looked to the sky and I saw the planet Vênus very close to the Moon, both were very bright and i decided to take a picture with my Xperia L. The camera did a nice focus on the Moon, but when i pressed the trigger, it just got all blured, so I thought how stupid I was by taking a picture of the sky using a smartphone camera. I was about to delete the file when I used the zoom to see how bad the picture was done when I had the surprise: The camera did the focus on Vênus instead the Moon. The focus was so good that I can see the sphere with it shadow inside a halo, it was amazing.

    But I don't know if it is realy possible, so I'm asking if someone who realy understand about astronomical pictures can tell me if it was or not what I thought.

    What I want to know if this camera really did a good pic of Vênus or if it is just a misunderstood.

    [​IMG]
    Coordinates:
    20°23'8.81"S
    40°19'3.59"O
    05:00 am (+-3min) GMT-03:00 02/26/2014

    The original file is attached to this post.
    Sorry about my engrish
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014