Notification tone not playing after JB update(Xperia GO)

Discussion in 'Xperia go (Xperia advance)' started by saif, Jun 10, 2013.

?

Are you too facing problem?

  1. Yes

    50.0%
  2. No

    50.0%
  1. saif

    saif New Member

    Note: Following complain was posted on Sony mobile's Facebook help center (can we help) section about a month ago one person has commented that he is also facing the same issue but there is no wording from official team yet. Is anyone facing the same problem? or anyone found solution?

    XperiaBlog kindly post this on homepage so we may know if other people also facing this problem or possible get solution.

    _____________________________________________________________________

    Hello,
    I am having problem with notification sound (watsapp,sms,fb etc) after updating my xperia go to jelly beans.Notification sound is audible and all of the sudden at some random time the notification sound gets silent(just vibration),But phone call in audible.I have to reboot my phone to make notification sound audible again.I have even tried factory reset 2 times but the problem still persists.I have searched regarding this problem on xperia care forum and found that some Xperia P users were facing the same issue but the faced this problem after running USSD code which was not in my case.I couldn't found any particular activity which caused such problem.Kindly help me, because of this I miss some important notifications.One thing more i was not facing this issue either on GB or ICS.

    Model number : ST27i
    Baseband version: u8500-49020911-P3A_EC05
    Build number: 6.2.A.0.400
     
  2. Don Famy

    Don Famy New Member

    I think you have to upgrade to the latest firmware Build number : 6.2.A.1.100, you can use flashtool, just download the .ftf file. It happens usully due to the error update. It is better to use flashtool instead of SEUS or PCC from Sony.
     
  3. saif

    saif New Member

    Don Famy , Correct, I have upgraded to 6.2.A.1.100 using SUS but the problem still persists. Can you please tell me if flashing with flashtool will void warranty?
     
  4. dk41176

    dk41176 New Member

    I also face the same problem, but its occur when i switch to the silence and then switch back to the general. I have to restart the phone so its become normal
    Other problem is about calling, sometimes, its automatically end the call.
     
  5. codebreaker

    codebreaker New Member

    I experienced this problem just this month. on the 3rd and 4th time this happened, I somehow found out how the problem starts and how to solve it.

    Usually, when I play music using my headphones, and at the same time I receive some text messages, the notification sounds and even the music cannot be heard(but audible through headphones).

    I tried this unusual method, on the first time this problem occurred. Actually, I did it out of nowhere. On the second time, I did it accidentally again, but only after 2 hours when the problem occured. But in the 3rd and 4th time, I prepared for it. Here's how it works:

    First, remove the back cover of your xperia go, exposing the speakers.

    Then, gently tap the exposed speakers few times, 2-3 will do. tap the exposed speakers directly.

    Put back the cover again. Put your phone on Normal mode (if it is on silent or vibrate mode), and check your notification sounds, e.g. lock sounds, music, message tone.

    P.S. If ever this one worked on your xperia go, please post it on other forums and tell it to other people that are experiencing this problem.

    Also, I only know how this happens and how to solve it. but I don't WHY this happens. Gotta notify Sony. thanks!
     
  6. saif

    saif New Member

    I have sold out my phone and instead got Xperia M. Hope someone else will verify.