Screen lock - answering calls and task list problems

Discussion in 'Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia TL' started by IncredibleTed, Oct 4, 2012.

  1. IncredibleTed

    IncredibleTed New Member

    Hi,

    I picked up my new Xperia T last week and already getting frustrated that it seems to make calls, send messages and generally do things I don't want it to while locked.

    I think it may be because the task list on the black strip at the top of the phone is available even when the phone is locked but it is causing me no end of problems.

    In addition I have found when I have an incoming call the green answer slide can be unresponsive - anybody else having this problem?

    This is my first foray in to Andriods and everything else has been excellent, but if this phone can't get the basics right then its going back.

    Cheers

    Ted
     
  2. Xperia Blog

    Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

    Sounds like a strange one. In terms of the task list, the notifications shouldn't be able to send messages, call people without you swiping that particular task. You can go into Settings > Display > Lock Screen Settings to disable some of these, but that's not an ideal work around.

    Also, in terms of the green answer slide - do you have any issues when swiping to unlock the screen?
     
  3. IncredibleTed

    IncredibleTed New Member

    Thanks for the reply Tej

    I think it is because the black task list (with the blue Wifi, 3G Settings buttons) at the top of the phone screen is available to pull down when the screen is supposed to be locked - is this normal?

    As such my phone can enter the settings menu or just unlock itself and do anything without me knowing - do other peoples phones do this?
     
  4. Xperia Blog

    Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

    My Xperia S doesn't do this, but as I don't have my hands on an Xperia T right now I can't tell whether that would be a new 'feature' - although I doubt it very much.

    Could you try using PC Companion or Sony Mobile Update Service to reflash the current firmware on your phone?
     
  5. Ruben

    Ruben New Member

    Tej,
    The Xperia T allows you to access the notifications screen (the black pull down area) when locked. It's a feature that the Xperia T, which some people find useful but can be disabled. So the answer is yes, it's normal. I agree with the blog that although you can get into certain screens you shouldn't be able to make calls but I get how it's possible. Just disable it as suggested above.
     
  6. Ruben

    Ruben New Member

    My phone has also not allowed me to answer a call on one or two occasions where I've swiped across and then had no indicator to show where to swipe to (as in no green or red slider). I think this is a bug. It's only happened once or twice and I'm on my phone all the time. I locked and unlocked my screen using the power button and that resolved it the second time.
     
  7. Xperia Blog

    Xperia Blog Administrator Staff Member

    Ruben - I see what you mean regarding the notification screen, I have an Xperia T to play around with now.

    Not had any issues with answering calls though (touch wood!)
     
  8. SimonS

    SimonS New Member

    Set it to require a PIN code and the notifications are locked until the pin is entered.
     
  9. wayne jones

    wayne jones New Member

    +10 SimonS this worked for me thanks
     
  10. pepero

    pepero New Member

    Hi all,
    after using Xperia S for 5 monthes i noticed that calls are being lagged a lot when i wanted to make a call it wait for 5 sometimes 10 seconds till it start calling and sometimes it freeze when receiving calls i did everything possible like updating the phone, fixing the software resetting phone but always same problem now since one week i have my Xperia T maybe the problem was in the phone but today i faced a similar problem when wanted to make a call it took me around 3 seconds to start the call after pressing on the name.
    is it a common problem?
    and how to solve it?
    is it Kasperski mobile antivirus causing it?
    please help.