Hi all. I really hope someone can help me. I upgraded to ICS four days ago and every new photo I took since then, was deleted when I tried to transfer the files to my laptop, during a routine backup. I connected the phone via the USB cable and automatically the 'explore Xperia U' window came up (address: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Xperia U) and I tried to do a simple copy & paste to My Pictures folder as I always did when it was still Gingerbread and I had a few issues transferring, but thought nothing of it. I had to c&p a few times so that every folder was copied because it seemed to be selecting just a few every time (think 0.0kb folders were omitted). I got fed up with this craic and tried to c&p via MyPhoneExplorer which I had been using before the upgrade (because the phone was just not being recognised when I connnected via USB) and eventually I got everything transferred, or so I thought. When I went to look at the pictures on my laptop, every single one had disappeared. I tried to open DCIM on phone but it showed up empty. I took a photo, hoping to open the Gallery from the camera app, but no joy. There is only one file in DCIM folder and it's a thumbnail file of 160mb, but it's not compatible to be opened. I had a few hundred photos in the folder and I'm hoping they're hiding somewhereand that someone more intelligent than me can help me find them! Thank you so much in advance. (sorry for the essay!) Em PS: Sorry, I forgot to say, I had been having issues with taking photos whereby the camera would say 'memory issue'; and that I could take '0' new photos, but closing and reopening the camera usually fixed this. I thought it may be pertinent.