When will the Xperia Play 2nd Gen release??

Discussion in 'Xperia PLAY' started by us8903, Jun 18, 2011.

  1. us8903

    us8903 New Member

    Hi,

    When can I expect SE to release the next Gen Play....instead of waiting should I buy the current Play??? I am disappointed with the current Play cuz of the poor camera and the GPU used.!! What do you guyz think???

    Cheers!!
    us8903
     
  2. Douglas Tereu

    Douglas Tereu New Member

    Probably come out in the 2012 lineup as these phones are SE 2011.
     
  3. Sephiroth81

    Sephiroth81 New Member

    Think they've announced that there won't be a "sequel" Xperia Play, as the current one is powerful enough. SE's words.

    The 2.3.4 update allows 720p HD video recording which should address some of your concerns. Its not perfect, but the hardware itself IS reasonably powerful enough, and lets not forget the more power, the less the battery life! This is a mobile phone after all....
     
  4. Jamsterdm

    Jamsterdm New Member

    I had one, sold it stupidly because the camera didnt have a zoom, bought a sensation XE hate it, Roll on may for my upgrade date. shame to hear they wont make another one though